Chapter 9

We were on the verge of our kiss...
....until Murr and Jen walked back in. Me and Sal looked like a deer in headlights.
"Oh sorry" Murr said, noticing our near kiss. Sal leaned back, taking a few steps back.
"Are we interrupting?" Jen asked, holding back a laugh. Me and Sal both looked at each other.
"No no no" we said in unison.
"We were just making cakes" I said.
"Is that why half of it is in your hair!?" Jen said to me. I turned to Sal, who laughed. I laughed too.
"Hey Sal, we better go and sort out the party?!" Murr said to Sal, gesturing his head to the door.
"Oh yeah" Sal answered. "Are you still going tonight?" Sal asked me.
"Yeah" I replied. He smiled then walked off with Murr.

Sal's POV
'How could I be so stupid?! I was so close to kissing her. She's so cute! I felt like I was falling in love but I knew it was to soon for it to be love.. or was it?!'

"You and Carly?!" Murr joked.
"Do you love Jenifer?" I asked him. He looked taken back by my question.
"Yeah... I suppose I do" Murr replied with a smile.
"Have you told her?" I asked.
"Not yet. It seems a bit too soon" Murr replied. I sighed. "Why?" Murr asked.
"It's just... I.. I think" I stuttered. I couldn't tell him. "Q and this girl he likes" I lied, to cover up my feelings.
"Really who?" He asked me.
'Great! I couldn't think of anyone' I thought.
"Carly?!" Murr asked. I nodded reluctantly. "Wow?! I should set them up!!" Murr said.
'Wait what?! I don't want Murr setting Q and Carly up together!!'  I just smiled and followed Murr to the party.