Chapter 28

Sal grabbed my hand tightly as we walked directly passed the other guys.
"Where are you going??" Murr asked.
I gently rested my head on Sal's shoulder as we walked away. He tilted his head to rest above mine as we trailed home.

"I've done something stupid" Q said to the guys as he buried his head in his hands.
"What?" Murr asked.
"What is it?" Joe asked.
"I've kissed Carly!" Q revealed.
"Why?" Murr asked.
"Well I thought she was lingering for a kiss... but she wasn't!" Q said.
"Does Sal know?" Joe asked. 
"I don't think so... he would've said something" Q said.

***
When me and Sal got back to his place, we threw ourselves on the sofa and watched a random film we found. He cuddled up into my arms as we led there in the peacefulness. For that split second I forgot about everything with Q, and just enjoyed these moments with Sal.

About halfway through the film, Sal's door knocked quite loudly, which made us both jump as we were half asleep.
"I'll get it" Sal said, followed by a yawn.
"Okay babe" I said, falling asleep.

"Hey Sal!" I heard Sal's sister say. "Could you please look after Sophie and Rosie this weekend?!" She said in a rushed tone.
"Umm sure" Sal said, collecting their bags. After more chat, the girls came in as Sal slowed the door. They clung on to his arms as he walked into the living room. An immediate smile grew on his face.
"Carly, meet my nieces!" He said with a smile. I could already tell they adored him.
"It's love,g to meet you!!" I said to them both. They smiled back.
"Can we watch a film?!" Sophie begged Sal. He looked up at me, not wanting to let me down as we were watching one.
"Maybe another night" Sal said. They both whined.
"No, let's watch one now" I said. Sal looked up, quite surprised and smiled.
"Go on then!" Sal said. The girls leaped onto the sofa and began watching a different movie, as I followed Sal into the kitchen.
"I'll make them some hot Chocolate!" He said grabbing four mugs.
"They love you!" I said as I sat on a stool.
"The hit chocolate?" Sal joked.
"No" I laughed.  "Your nieces!" I said.
"I love them too! I see them like daughters" Sal told me. I got up and wrapped my arms around his neck.
"That's really cute!" I said as I leaned in and  gave him a kiss.
"I love you" Sal blurted out, out of no where. That's the first time he's properly said it, like he meant it. Not in a playful way.. in a real way. It took him a minute to realise what he had said.
"Just ignore me!" He quickly added.
"I love you too" I replied. He widely smiled and kissed me again.

We finished making the hot chocolate, as we came back in. Me and Sal sat on either end of the sofa, with the girls in between us. Sophie cuddled up with me, and Rosie cuddled up to Sal.
Eventually me, Sophie and Rosie all fell asleep, and only Sal was left awake.

Sal's POV
'My beautiful girls' I though to myself. It's like we were a family. And it's just occurred to me how much I really do love Carly... no matter what!