forty-three

PRACTICE MATCH: KARASUNO VS DATE TECH

ayako

"miya-chan~! it's been so long~"

i deadpanned at the sound of that all too familiar high-pitched voice. futakuchi-san.

dateko had arranged a practice match with karasuno's volleyball team, and since i didn't have club practice today, coach ukai had suggested i come take photos.

i could already feel the murderous aura emitting from kageyama, who was next to me, the second futakuchi called me out.

i patted his shoulder in hope of cooling him off. "it's no big deal."

after almost a whole year of thinking kageyama's dislike towards futakuchi was because they were rivals on court, i finally realized i was wrong, after shimizu had pointed it out a while ago.

"kageyama doesn't like him because he flirts with you, miyazaki-chan. he's jealous."

but even so, i really didn't think it was much of a deal, because futakuchi simply reminded me of tooru.

annoying, flirtatious and childish.

"ah, ohayo, futakuchi-san," i replied, meeting the brunette's eye.

"where were you at spring high? i didn't see you taking photos," he said, gesturing to the camera that hung from my neck.

"running. i do track too," i replied crisply.

"wah! are you very good?"

i shrugged. "i don't know?"

"-she made it to nationals!" hinata butted in. he'd came up next to me because he had came to greet the tall white-haired middle blocker. aone, was that his name?

futakuchi shot me an amazed look. "really? you must be really good, miya-chan."

i smiled sheepishly. "not really..."

"oi, futakuchi! quit flirting around and get your ass here, the match is starting soon!"

the brunette looked over his shoulder to see his teammate calling him over.

"i'll talk to you after the match, miya-chan! take some good pictures of me, will ya?"

"sure, i'll take loads of you messing up again," i scoffed, as i turned on my heel, heading to the bench where karasuno's boys had gathered, sitting next to yachi.

-

"LET'S HAVE A GOOD GAME!"

the practice match soon started, and i was moving around the perimeter of the court, capturing pictures of everyone from different angles.

however, from what i could see, the match wasn't going in karasuno's favor, with most of their attacks getting stuffed by dateko's blocking, which were even better than before.

the stress from getting shut down again and again seemed to not only be taking a toil on karasuno's hitters, but our setter as well.

it was a rare occasion to see tobio so stressed up. i noted. the only other time he was like this was probably against seijoh, because of tooru-nii.

probably because, if i remembered what takeda-sensei had said before correctly, good blockers not only bewitch the spikers, but the team's setter as well.

just like what tsukishima had done in karasuno's match against shiratorizawa.

he had forced their setter into making a mistake in is set, which led to him being able to shut down ushijima.