seven

the golden week training camp started the following week and ayako was exhausted from the first day. they all headed to the dormitory that we were staying for a week.

hinata was being as energetic and usual, screaming in excitement as he opened each of the room doors.

ayako sighed. "hinata, it's just a training camp. chill."

the ginger-haired boy looked at her with gleaming eyes. "but it's my first training camp!"

"i can't believe i'm stuck with you lot for a whole week," tsukishima dryly commented, rolling his eyes.

nishinoya and tanaka immediately spun around to glare at him. "BUT WE HAVE TWO PRETTY MANAGERS WITH US! WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT?!"

however, just then, the silver-haired setter who was with them, broke what could be the most devastating news to the two boys.

with a smile, he said, "shimizu's home is nearby, so she won't be staying with us."

both the second-years' lied face down on the ground, devastated by the news.

at that moment, shimizu stepped out of the cafeteria wearing an apron, and their faces lighted up again.

ayako inwardly smacked her forehead.

-

"ITADAKIMASU!"

ayako watched as kageyama and hinata wolfed down their food quickly, constantly looking at the other party as they ate.

just then, sugawara spoke up. "there are only three rooms, so miyazaki-chan will be sleeping with the other first-years. but if anyone tries to do anything stupid, they'll be in deep trouble tomorrow."

he fixed a stern look at nishinoya and tanaka, who were already freaking out.

nishinoya gasped at ayako. "YOU'RE SLEEPING WITH THEM?"

"WHY NOT THE SECOND-YEARS?! WE CAN PROTECT YOU!" tanaka added, puffing out his chest.

ayako laughed. "i know you guys can totally protect me, but i'll be fine."

after everyone had finished dinner, they all headed to clean up.

when ayako was done bathing, she heard a scream, which sounded like hinata.

she wondered what was going on, and headed out to find out. But by the time she came out to investigate, she saw nishinoya with his hair down, and hinata and tanaka laughing at him.

the boys heard her footsteps, and turned to look at her.

"you're as cute as you always are, miyazaki-chan~!" nishinoya swooned, receiving a blush from the girl.

"you look better with your hair down too, nishinoya-san," ayako chuckled.

"hey! if you're trying to tease me, take that back!" the libero pouted. "my hair adds up to my charm okay!"

"i'm not," ayako laughed, before turning on her heel, back to the sleeping quarters.

-

everyone was asleep, except the raven-haired setter, who had been awakened by the soft mumbling coming from the girl sleeping next to him.

"g-gomen...i-i'm sorry...it's all my fault.." ayako mumbled, and the setter noticed she was crying.

millions of questions raced through his mind.

should i wake her up? how is she crying in her sleep? is she okay?