three

after a 15 minute break, the second set started, and with hinata back to normal, the duo could start using their quick sets.

ayako watched the match through her camera lens, as she snapped pictures of the boys, occasionally looking down at her camera, checking her photos.

karasuno was in the lead, racking up points with hinata and kageyama's oddball quick sets.

beep!

before she knew it, the second set had ended, and the girl put down her camera, her eyes moving to the score board.

karasuno had taken the second set, which meant there was going to be a third set.

the young photographer made her way towards her raven-haired classmate, handing him a bottle she had taken from shimizu.

"you were great out there kageyama."

the setter blinked at her, not knowing how to reply. "thanks...i guess."

"good luck on your third set. you guys can do this."

kageyama took the bottle from the girl, nodding. "yeah, we will."

that made ayako smile, when she heard him use the term 'we' instead for 'i'. she was glad he was growing out of his egocentric character, and accepting that he was in a team.

the boy felt his cheeks turning light pink as he watched a smile spread across the girl's face.

her smile is nice. he thought. ayako should smile more often.

just then, the squeal of girls caught their attention. "ah, oikawa-san is here!"

ayako's head turned to the direction of the squeals, and standing at the door was indeed tooru oikawa, her annoying elder cousin.

"and yet i thought he wouldn't be playing," she deadpanned.

"oikawa-san's your cousin, right?" kageyama asked, turning her attention away from oikawa.

"yeah."

"does he know you're here?"

"nope. i didn't think he'd be here either. he was supposed to be injured and sitting out."

the setter's gaze hardened on the brunette that stood on the other side of the court, speaking to his coaches.

"now that he's going to be subbed in, it's going to be harder to win."

"no shit."

after oikawa spoke briefly to the coach and was allowed in the match, he turned to his opponents, and noticed ayako immediately.

please don't call me out. please don't-

"aya-nii, what are you doing here?"

his high-pitched voice caught the attention for nearly everyone in the gym, and his fangirls began whispering.

but before the girl could reply him, tanaka jumped in front of her protectively.

"she's our photographer, you gotta problem with that?" he growled.

"no, no. i'm just looking out for my cute little cousin," the brunette replied, flashing him a bright smile.

her whole team instantly turned to face her.

"he's your cousin?!"

ayako pursed her lips, having the urge to smack oikawa in the face so badly.

out of everything she hated, attention was the one she loathed the most, and her dear cousin just had to let the entire gym know about how they were related.