two

ringg!

the first-year jumped at the sound of the school bell.

school's finally over. she thought as she stuffed her books into her bag.

as she made her way out of the classroom, she was stopped by her raven-haired classmate.

"l-lunch!"

ayako stared at kageyama with a puzzled look. "lunch?"

"d-do you want to have lunch together?"

the girl frowned. "i'm not staying back toda-oh i forgot!"

"you told hinata you'd come for our practice to help us take pictures," the boy bluntly stated.

"i know...ahh i forgot, sorry kageyama-kun."

"don't mind it. so...are you going to be going for lunch?"

she nodded. "yeah. let's go."

-

"ah, our cute photographer is here~!" the starry-eyed second-year swooned as ayako stepped into the gym.

a light blush tinted the girl's cheeks, and she scampered off to the bench to put down her things before the boys' training started.

just as she pulled out her camera bag, the doors of the gymnasium were flung open.

takeda-sensei, the volleyball club adviser, was grasping a piece of paper in his palm, grinning.

"captain!" he exclaimed. "i've arranged a practice match!"

the team perked up, and the boys instantly crowded around takeda-sensei.

"with who?" 

"seijoh."

ayako immediately perked up at the mention of the school name, and she caught kageyama's eye.

seijoh. that's the school majority of kageyama-kun's former teammates all went to, isn't it?  

then, she deadpanned.

it's also tooru-nii's school.

"but seijoh said they'd play only on one condition," the club adviser continued. "if kageyama plays setter for the entire match. i hope that's fine with you, kageyama-kun."

the raven-haired setter nodded. "yeah." 

ayako chewed on her lip as she recalled kageyama's final match in junior high, the match where the line between him and his teammates was clearly drawn, when the volleyball team's spiker ignored his toss, due to his constant self-absorbed and egocentric behavior.

would he be okay playing against them?

sugawara's cheery voice broke her thoughts. "would you be interested in joining us for the practice match, miyazaki-chan? you could help the team take some pictures~!"

the photographer blinked at him. "h-hah? but i'm not the team's official photographer or anything..."

he flashed her an assuring smile. "it's fine. it'll be great if you get some pictures of us in a match as well."

"okay then..."

-

SATURDAY MORNING: PRACTICE MATCH

ayako

the team arrived in aoba johsai early in the morning, and everyone was unloading the equipment.