forty-one

to: miyazaki from: hinata

subject: i need kneepads!

i need to go to the mall to get new kneepads, are you and kageyama up to go w me? ><

ayako chuckled down at her phone, at the sight of her friend's cute message, before quickly typing in a reply.

to: hinata from: miyazaki

subject: re: i need kneepads!

sure, did you ask tobio yet?

to: miyazaki from: hinata

subject: re: re: i need kneepads!

y-you guys are on first names now?! 😱 and yes but he hasn't replied me

another laugh escaped her lips, at hinata's reaction, and she thumbed in yet another reply, telling him to let her know when kageyama replies and that she would go meet them.

the ginger's text came within a few minutes.

to: miyazaki from: hinata

subject: kageyama

kageyama said okay! i'll c u 2 at the mall @ 1.30

to: hinata from: miyazaki

subject: re: kageyama

okay!

ayako realized she'd also received a text from kageyama.

to: ayako from: tobio

subject: vending machine

meet you at vending machine in 15min? we can go together

to: tobio from: ayako

subject: re: vending machine

okie

upon agreeing to meet him in fifteen minutes, ayako dropped her phone onto her bed, and rummaged through her closet to find something to wear out.

she pulled out a baby blue sweater-yes, a sweater again, as usual-to wear over a white tank top, and a pair of black tights.

the girl made a mental note to get some nicer clothes, when she arrived at the mall later on.

because if she went on just wearing baggy tshirts and sweaters whenever they went out, kageyama would probably end up questioning if she had clothes other than pajamas.

letting out a disappointed sigh at her horrible fashion sense, ayako dropped her phone and wallet into a beige tote bag, and left the house to meet kageyama.

the two met up at the vending machine, and left for the mall, where they were meeting their ginger friend.

-

"why did we come here again?" kageyama asked ayako as they entered the shopping complex, upon meeting their ginger friend outside the entrance.

she shrugged. "hinata needs knee pads or something."

"yeah, i need new knee pads! my old ones were getting worn out, and i thought since we were going to nationals i might as well get a pair of new ones!" hinata perked up excitedly.

"and why're you getting all excited over new kneepads..?" the setter questioned, earning a huff from his teammate.

"shut up, kageyama-kun!"