ten

ayako

"here you go!" i called out as i tossed another ball.

with the inter-high preliminaries coming up, everyone was practicing twice as hard as usual, and kageyama and hinata had requested for me to toss balls for them since there was not much photographing for me to do that day.

just then, takeda-sensei burst into the gym.

"i've got the match-ups for the inter-high preliminaries!"

the boys eyes lit up excitedly, and everyone crowded around him.

i too, was pretty curious, so i followed suit, tiptoeing so i could see last the boys in front of me and get a look at the sheet of paper.

i scanned through the various teams.

they were up against tokonami high for the first round, and if they won, we they'd be going up against dateko, if they also won their first round.

"dateko...they're the iron wall..." i muttered, recalling asahi mentioning that team.

that was the team that repeatedly blocked asahi's spikes, crushing his fighting spirit, earlier that march..

"aoba johsai is a seed in our block..." kageyama pointed out.

i heard him, and searched for seijoh's name on the paper.

true enough, aoba johsai was in their block, which meant they were going to be playing an actual match against seijoh, the school karasuno beat in a practice match.

but this time, with stupid oikawa playing-for all sets.

-

"oi, miyazaki-san. wake up, the lunch bell just went off."

i was awoken by the incessant tapping on my shoulder, which i later found out was from kageyama.

i blinked twice, before my head shot up from my desk when my head successfully processed the words.

"i slept through the entire math class?!"

the setter nodded nonchalantly. "yeah."

i let out a stifled yawn, before getting out of my seat, and heading for lunch break.

while kageyama and i were having lunch together at our usual spot, an unfamiliar brunette girl came running up to us.

"a-ah! you're ayako miyazaki right?" she asked, as she took a few moments to catch her breath.

she seemed to have ran all the way here.

"hai...are you looking for me?"

well no shit, of course she's looking for you. i silently scolded myself.

"yeah, i'm ichiko nakamura, the vice-captain of the track team!"

track team?

who was i kidding, it was no surprise they had discovered that that ayako miyazaki had came to karasuno.

"hajimemashite, nakamura-senpai," i quickly replied, before adding,

"why're you looking for me?" despite obviously knowing the reason why.

like the volleyball inter-high, the annual track inter-high was around the corner as well, and the track team must have finally given up waiting for me to turn up and decided to come search for me themselves, to scout me.