twenty-eight

THREE DAYS LATER

the three-day training camp had ended, and there was going to be a week long training camp the following week, hosted at shinzen high once again.

karasuno had been progressing these few days, trying out new tactics.

the iconic duo had been attempting to perform their oddball quick without the ginger's eyes shut, but success had been futile.

ayako had also noticed that the tension between the two seemed more strained than usual.

they both just want to do well, i guess. she thought as the coach pulled into school.

takeda-sensei parked the coach into a parking lot, before the team alighted and headed to the club room to put down all the equipment they had brought along.

"miyazaki-san, help us practice, would you?" hinata called out.

"oh, sure," the girl replied, dropping her stuff back onto the floor before following kageyama and hinata to the gym.

the duo wanted to work on the quick they had yet to perfect.

"here it comes!" she said, as she tossed the first ball into the air.

from there, they began practicing.

however, even after the uncountable amount of times she'd tossed the ball to them, the two still hadn't succeeded.

ayako stifled a yawn. it was getting pretty late, and she wanted to head home to rest.

but she refused to admit that she was tired, for the sake of the two boys. it'll be worth it once they succeed.

"...i want strength to fight on my own!" the ginger cried, after getting increasingly frustrated that their new quick set wasn't working out.

the raven-haired setter was feeling just as annoyed, that his sets were unable to be hit by his teammate.

ayako chewed on her bottom lip nervously, as tension began to rise between the two.

don't start fighting please...

to her dismay, the setter grabbed the middle blocker by the collar.

"your selfishness is going to destroy the team's balance!"

fear arose in her as she watched the two boys glare each other down.

"it's still the same now-i'll toss the ball to anyone, as long as they're essential to winning," kageyama said composedly, looking the latter in the eye.

"KAGEYAMAA!" the ginger shrieked as he forced the setter's grip off him, knocking kageyama off his feet as he grabbed him by the waist.

"LET GO!" the raven-haired boy roared, but his words fell on deaf ears.

"I'M NOT LETTING GO UNTIL YOU TOSS TO ME, DAMNIT!" hinata screamed stubbornly.

they began throwing kicks and punches at each other, wrestling out their frustrations.

ayako could well understand their frustrations-it was the same for her, when she wasn't able to hit a timing she wanted, or couldn't do as well as she planned to for a race.

the only difference was that she'd break down into tears in the silence of her room, her nails digging into her skin, creating crescent shaped marks on her palms.

but she wasn't going to let the two hurt each other. she had to get help.

it was then when she'd spotted yachi's head of yellow hair walk past the gym, and she sped towards the door.