thirty

ayako

i surveyed the court with my camera lens, the camera shutter snapping consistently.

it was karasuno's last match of the training camp-vs fukurodani.

it had been full of surprises the minute the match started, karasuno pulling out all the new plays they had perfected over the week.

the small ginger middle blocker had even tipped the ball, much to everyone's surprise.

and i'd gotten a picture of it. it's probably going to be one of his new favorites.

however, the new quick set kageyama and hinata had been working on still hadn't been pulled.

i was hoping they were going to pull it off before the end of this training camp, though.

"hinata started his approach way too soon!" coach ukai's shout from behind snapped my attention back to the ginger.

i zoomed in onto the duo, and my eyes lit up when i realized what they were planning to do.

the new quick set.

it all happened too quickly for one to process. the ball flew into a perfect arc, before stopping directly at hinata's palm.

click!

my camera shutter snapped right before the ginger slammed the ball down onto the opposite side of the court.

i lowered my camera, watching as the ball bounced a couple of times before rolling onto the floor.

silence elapsed throughout the court, before coach ukai, along with the entire karasuno team, began screaming in triumph.

a smile spread across my face. they did it.

"did you capture that, miyazaki?! did you, did you?!" coach ukai screeched into my face, pointing at the duo.

i nodded frantically.

"miyazaki!" i turned back to the court to see kageyama call out to me, satisfied grin on his face.

"we did it."

i flashed him a smile of my own in return. "yeah, i knew you guys would."

"aww, i'm so jealous! i wanna hit something too!" tanaka complained.

"i know, right!" nishinoya added.

the match continued on from there, a new found motivation spurring the boys to play harder, after the successful attempt of the quick set.

however, just as kageyama thought of trying the quick set again, and my camera was zoomed into the super duo again, ready to capture yet another picture, the ball didn't reach the ginger's palm, and dropped to the ground.

oops. had his concentration from earlier on been somehow lost?

"don't mind, kageyama-kun!" hinata reassured, smacking his back.

"shut up, you runt!" the setter snapped.

he pouted. "what do you expect me to say?"

the sight of the two bickering like children brought another smile to my face.

karasuno's super duo was back in action.

-

beep! the whistle blew. the match had ended.

i lowered my camera, my gaze turning to the scoreboard.

despite karasuno's efforts, fukurodani still won the match, taking both sets.