eight

THE BATTLE OF THE GARBAGE DUMP: KARASUNO VS NEKOMA PRACTICE MATCH

it was finally the long awaited practice match between the cats and the crows. (karasu & neko)

nekoma was staying at the karasuno general sports park dormitory, and the match was going to be played at the general sports complex.

ayako followed the team to the sports complex, her camera bag swung over her shoulder as she helped shimizu to carry the cooler bags.

she hadn't spoken much with kageyama over the previous training days, and the setter seemed  to have kept to his word, and hadn't said anything about her breakdown he had witnessed.

however, what the girl didn't know was that he had stayed up, waiting for her to fall asleep, just to check if she was going to have another breakdown.

if she did, he could be there for her. however, the girl had slept well for the past few nights, to his relief.

when the team arrived at the sports complex, nekoma was already there, all of them clad in their red team jackets.

both teams lined up and greeted each other, before everyone headed into the gymnasium.

"eh? kenma?" ayako heard hinata exclaim just as she was about to walk inside.

she looked to her left, and saw a boy with dyed hair, which looked similar to a pudding, looking up at the ginger.

"oh, hi shoyo," he had replied.

ayako wondered how the two knew each other, she turned to kageyama who was next to her, but he had no idea as well.

"you play for this nekoma team?" hinata asked, as if it wasn't obvious enough. "why didn't you tell me?"

"yeah. you just didn't ask," the other boy bluntly stated. "plus, your t-shirt said 'karasuno high school' which was why i said see you soon."

"ohh right!"

however, before the excited ginger could say more, a black-faced figure loomed behind the pudding-head boy.

"what business do you have with our setter?" a mohawk boy asked.

ayako stifled a laugh when she saw hinata's terrified expression.

noticing their first-year getting intimidated by the punk, tanaka backed him up, shooting the boy an intimidating look of his own.

"what business do you have with our rookie? you wanna fight, city boy?"

but before the two boys could start fighting, the silver-haired vice-captain dragged tanaka away.

"stop picking fights with people, it's embarrassing. besides, stop calling people city boy, it's lame."

a light brown-haired boy from the opposing team also tried to drag the latter away.

"the game is starting, yamamoto. and that's where we're going to 'fight'."

leaving the two boys sulking and glaring at each other, sugawara and the boy from the other team briefly apologized to each other, chuckling at how childish their teammates could get.

ayako beckoned hinata to quickly join them to go inside, and that was when the mohawk boy, yamamoto, noticed her, as well as karasuno's pretty female manager who walked past them.

his eyes widened. "t-two...girl managers...k-kawaii...!"

two of his teammates behind him, a lanky brunette and a dark-haired boy, had noticed the two females as well, and high-fived each other.