twenty-five

a/n here's the chapter you've all been waiting for :) i hope it meets your expectations 😔

the raven-haired setter noticed ayako hadn't arrived at the volleyball gym to meet them, and he hadn't received any text from her either.

was her training going to be ending late today?

the team was already done cleaning up, and were about to leave for the store as usual.

his brows were furrowed in confusion, just as hinata called out to him.

"kageyama! should we go and look for miyazaki-san? then we'll meet the rest of the team at the store!"

he immediately nodded.

"nishinoya-senpai, you guys can leave without us first, kageyama and i will be going to find miyazaki-san!" the ginger told his upperclassman before the two left in search of their friend.

"okay! we'll wait for you there, hinata-kun!" nishinoya replied, before adding,

"don't try anything funny with miyazaki-chan while you two are with her or i'll slit your throats!"

with that, the ginger and raven-haired boy headed towards the track, to find their friend.

-

"i asked you if you had a boyfriend to see how much chance i'd have, miyazaki."

ayako frowned in confusion.

she wasn't sure if she was hearing things right, or misunderstanding everything hayashi was saying.

chance...did he mean chances of getting together with her?

she tried to shake that thought out of her head instantly. he was so focused on track, would he really be into stuff like that?

plus, it was hayashi. her upperclassman. it was impossible.

"i don't follow...what do you mean, hayashi-san?"

and the answer she got, tore the 'impossible' off all the possibilities she had thought of.

"will you go out with me, miyazaki?"

heat rushed to her cheeks as soon as the question resounded in her ears. she didn't know what to say.

"i like you-alot, miyazaki. i think i've liked you ever since ichiko-chan introduced you to the track team."

her brain was unable to function properly. everything was moving too fast for her to process.

"h-hah?"

the boy chuckled at his junior's flustered expression. "are you surprised, miyazaki?"

she chewed on her bottom lip nervously. how do i reply him? i've never gotten a confession before...

"miyazaki-san!" a voice called out from behind, interrupting her conversation.

ayako turned behind to see hinata, and kageyama next to him.

"w-were you guys waiting for me?" she asked.

the raven-haired boy nodded. "are you done soon?"