thirty-one

"ask miyazaki-chan out after this training camp, i'm sure she'll appreciate it."

the setter never forgot what his vice-captain had told him, and decided he'd do so that sunday, right after the training camp had ended. 

because training for the spring high would begin once they got back to school the following week, since the match-ups would be released that week.

same went for miyazaki, since the track spring high started not long after the volleyball spring high commenced.

that was why, kageyama was now bent over his phone, racking his brains to think of how he should text her to ask her out.

"damnit...why is this so hard..." he complained, as his fingers hovered above the keyboard.

sucking in a deep breath, he decided to just ask her.

to: miyazaki  from: kageyama

subject: go out today

ano...are you free to go out with me today?

ayako felt her phone vibrate from next to her, and paused the movie she had been watching since she'd woke up, to check it.

her heart skipped a beat when she realized it was from kageyama.

opening the message, she felt her cheeks subconsciously heat up when she realized he was asking her if she wanted to go out.

a small smile crept onto her lips, as she thumbed in a reply.

to: kageyama from: miyazaki

subject: re: go out today

sure, meet you at the vending machine?

his reply came almost instantly.

to: miyazaki from: kageyama

subject: re: re: go out today

okay. meet you there in 20 min

immediately after reading the message, the girl slammed her laptop shut, and placed it back onto her desk.

she swung open her cupboard door, scanning her cupboard for something nice to wear.

"why are there only huge sweaters and baggy t-shirts here...do i not have anything that doesn't look like pajamas in here?" she groaned as she rummaged through the closet.

but she knew what the answer was. because she had never cared about dressing up.

and today was the first time she had ever cared about wearing something nice before going out.

everything hit her in the face like a hammer. her feelings were too much to deny anymore.

she had fallen for kageyama tobio.

she ran a hand through her hair as she let out a sigh.

coming to the realization that she actually liked him wasn't going to make nice clothes magically appear in her cupboard.

"i guess i'll just wear what i usually do..." she mumbled, pulling out a beige sweater and a pair of denim shorts.

but honestly, after she put it on, the shorts could barely be seen under the huge sweater, and she looked like she hadn't changed at all from what she had been formerly wearing when she went to sleep.

shaking her head at herself, ayako threw her phone and wallet into a black sling bag before leaving her room.

she left a note on the fridge for her mother saying she was heading out, since her mom was out buying groceries.