Segment 34

The van seems to taunt us. It seems to come at a high speed but slowly, making our deaths long and painful. My head is racing for an idea but nothing comes to me as the beaming lights come closer and closer. I can't leave Tris. There was no point us both getting killed in this mess. I have to save her. She deserves a good life. I love her so much. I really do. But I know that that won't matter unless I think fast. I grab a knife from the sheriff's pocket and he doesn't stop me.
My throwing skills have never been good but the army had taught me well when it came to knife throwing. I put my feet slightly apart, my body turned on an angle. I lift the knife to my cheek and imagine where the knife would hit. I pull my arm back and aim but I don't know where I am aiming. I stare in horror as before me suddenly stands Tris. Her face is emotionless and she stares at me, waiting. I can't throw the knife at her. What if I miss. I want to drop the knife but I can't. She will disapprove if I do. Her eyes melt into mine as I throw the knife. It slides just next to her ear and she doesn't even flinch. She steps away from the knife to reveal blood trickling down her ear. She looks at me in anger and my heart breaks. I am only awoken out of my daydream by the sound of screeching tires as they burst and the van crashes into mine's wall.
I need time to process what just happened but I don't have time. Tris is in that van and she could be hurt. I push the vision to the back of my mind and Tris at the front. I rush over to the van's boot and open the doors to find nothing. No Tris. Where the hell is she?
I open the car door to find three boys. I pull out the only one I recognize.
"Peter!" I yell, my blood boiling I feel as if I am about to explode. His eyelashes flutter as he opens his eyes to see me, he is covered in dust and I am pretty sure he has a few broken bones from the crash because he yelps in pain as I push him against the wall and hold him up by his shirt.
"Where is she?" I demand.
"I'm not telling you." He struggles for breath.
"Tell me!" I yowl, pushing him hard against the wall again. His head smashes into the wall and he falls unconscious as blood trickles from his head. I am pretty sure I gave him a big concussion but I don't care.
This time I grab another guy, much heavier than Peter and tougher. He glares at me as I pull him out of the car. I notice the other boy seems to be dead because his body is twisted in impossible ways.
"Who are you and where is Tris?" I demand.
"I'm Bill. But I'm sure she has never spoken of me. Why would she after what she did to my sister." He sneers.
"I don't know what you're talking about but I don't care. Tell me where she is or I swear to god I will kill you!" I yowl and I see the slightest bit of fear in his eyes. I am not a scary guy unless I want to be.
"I don't know where she is ok?" He whines.
"You're lying!" I fume, my hands wrapping around his neck about to strangle him.
"Four, put down the kid!" I hear the sheriff yell but I don't listen.
"I'm not! I swear!" He cries out for air and I drop him, letting him suck in some air. As the police arrest Peter and Bill I take one last glance back at the van. I can just imagine her jumping out of it and running into my arms. Saying it was just a joke and she was there the whole time but she doesn't come. I don't know if Bill was lying or not. It makes no sense. Is Tris dead? My eyes widen and I fall to my knees at the thought. I dig my face into my hands as tears begin to roll down my face.
"Where are you Tris?"