Segment 4

What I did yesterday to Lynn and last night with Peter was wrong. I regret the whole day and am worried about today. As I step into the classroom everyone stares at me, their jaws wide open. Some laugh hysterically. I hear the sound of kissing and turn to the board where a projector screen is. On it is a video of Peter and I kissing from last night. I see Four’s face is filled with shock and his eyes are clouded. I almost scream as I run out of the classroom.

That day I stay at home. Caleb is at school and my parents are at work so they won’t know I’m here. I stay on my bed the whole time, crying and also running to the bathroom to use Listerine every time I can taste Peter’s tongue again. I hate him so much. I hate him. I hate Lynn too. She must have taken the video. I no longer feel sorry for what I did in gym to her.

I hear the doorbell and rush downstairs. I open the door hesitantly, afraid mum came home early. But it was only Christina at the door.

“Chris…” I begin but she cuts me off.

“There is no reason to apologise. I know who did this to you.” I invite her inside and we sit in my lounge. I’m in her arms as I cry.

“You shouldn’t be skipping class.” I tell her.

“That’s what friends are for.” She smiles.

“What about the others?” I sob, not really wanting to hear the answer.

“They forgive you because of what Lynn did, which went way too far. I think Lynn regrets it though. No one is treating her well after what she did to you.” Chris explains. I burst into even more tears.

“What’s wrong? Aren’t you happy now?”

“You should have seen Four’s face Chris.” I cry and she frowns.

“I’m sorry Tris.”