Segment 28

Hey guys! Just wanted to say I listened to this song while writing chapter 27-28. I think it really goes with the chapter and is really like a divergent song. It is called Stay High fromTove Lo ft. Hippie Sabotage from the album Truth serum

Tobias's POV
I wake to a pounding on the door. I look over to my clock to see it is 2:05am. I look over to where Tris is but she is not there. Did she just walk out on me? Maybe she went for a walk and forgot the keys. I get up from the warm bed annoyed and open the front door. My annoyance only grows and I scowl when I see Leighton on my front door step.
He sways and a beer bottle is in his hand. He's drunk.
"What do you want?" I snap.
"I thought Tris would be here with you." He slurs and pushes past me into my apartment. "Close the door please. You're letting all the heat out."
"Are you crazy? Get out!" I yell but he ignores me as he walks into my bedroom. I close the door and follow him as angry as hell.
"Tris isn't here so can you leave please?"
"Did she walk out on you?" Leighton smirks. I want to slap that big smile off his face but I know that won't result well. Leighton is drunk and goodness knows what he is capable of drunk or not. I don't want to start a fight with him, I just want him gone.
"That's none of your business. Now leave!" I growl.
"She did didn't she?" His smile widens and I want to punch him.
"Get out!" I scream.
"She never used to walk out on me."
"What?" I breathe. Used to? What is that supposed to mean?
"She never used to walk out on me. She loved me and she still does. Did she not tell you?"
"If Tris ever dated you that is in the past. She doesn't love you anymore Leighton." I defend her.
"Are you sure about that? Did you wonder where she was last night? When she left home?"
"She was with you?" I almost whisper, unable to speak up as realization hits me like a wave.
"Yes. All night. It was fun really. She can really kiss huh?" He snickers. I can't take it anymore. Tris kissed him! That idiot who will never love her like I do! Then she comes here and makes out with me as if she can make up for her mistakes and then walks out on me? This is all his fault! I really want to believe that but I know Tris wouldn't have let Leighton kiss her if she didn't want to be kissed. Just the idea of Leighton's hands on her... I am beyond furious and I don't even think as I wrap my hands around Leighton's throat. He squirms around as I strangle him. Most of this anger is actually towards Tris but taking it out on him will have to do for now. I let go of him so he can breathe. He drops to the floor, the beer glass shattering, and sucks in a deep breath.
"Get out!" I yowl and he runs out of the house. As I hear the door slam shut, as if on queue, I hear my phone ring. I grab my phone and see Tris's name light up on the screen. So now she is trying to call me to make up for her mistakes. Well I won't put up with her shit any longer. I click ignore and throw my phone against the wall so that it shatters into pieces.