Segment 21

"You coming?" Tobias pauses.
"I can't climb that! I could fall! Or what if I can't get down." I panic.
"Remember what I said before? You don't have to be scared when you're with me. Ever."
I take a deep breath and nod. He is right. I trust him. He lets me go in front so I pull down my shirt so he isn't looking at my butt too much. I feel really self conscious around him.
As we climb higher I start breathing harder like it's a major loss of altitude. I look down and gulp down the fright. We are so far off the ground but when I see Tobias's mesmerizing eyes on me, I continue climbing.

~~~FLASHBACK~~~
Leighton's mesmerizing eyes are on me as he looks me up and down. I sit nervously on the bed while he sits in a chair. I am in his room which has the strangest things I have ever seen. There are a lot of naughty posters and empty beer bottles. Why would he treasure these things? What do his parents think of his room? I twirl my ponytail impatiently with a finger. Finally I can't take his stare any longer.
"What are we doing here?" I question.
"Sh! She'll be here any moment." He snaps. I don't exactly know who he is talking about. The door bell rings and he disappears. He comes back a few seconds later with a girl. Is she his girlfriend? They don't seem like they are in a loving relationship. Maybe they are just friends.
"I honestly don't understand why you think I can do anything for this... This dork." She says a bit too harsh. I feel the slightest bit offended. Of course i have been called a dork before but by her it seems to hurt even more.
"Just hurry up Meagan. We have to leave soon." He growls.
"Fine. Now go." She shoos him out of the room and closes the door behind him. What exactly is going on?
"Hi, I'm Beatrice." I introduce myself.
"I don't give a fuck what your name is. Now turn around." I gulp down the hurt and do as I am told. Meagan takes out my hair ties and begins to brush violently through my already perfectly combed hair. She then opens her bag and pulls out make up and some things I don't even recognize. I have never worn make up except those rare occasions when my parents have taken me out. I had put on a little bit of mascara and lip gloss but nothing more. As ugly as I am I don't hate the way I look.
Meagan begins to curl my hair and cover my face in layers of make up. When she is finally done she passes me a dress. It is way too short for what I would usually wear. My dresses are at minimum up to my knees but this one shows off my thighs. It is a black sparkly dress and even that it is way out of my league. I love it. I slide it on and slip my feet into the black heels she gives me. I have never walked in heels before and I am wobbly but she gives me a few tips.
She leads me to a mirror and I look at the girl int he mirror in shock. Where did she come from? Wait that's me!
My face is caked up but it covers my freckles and my eye shadow matches my dress. My lips are a blood red and as I smile I see my straight, perfect teeth. I'm so glad I got my braces taken off yesterday. The dress fits me well and shows off all my curves and the heels make me taller because I am usually short. I actually look nice for once.
Meagan takes off my glasses and I gasp.
"I can't see! Give them back!" I cry.
"You can't go with those hideous things. We aren't at Hogwarts." She snaps.
"Where are we going anyway?"
"A party." I cringe at the word. That will mean alcohol and dancing. I do neither. I have never been to a teenager party before and if they make me go I will surely embarrass myself.
I blink rapidly when Meagan touches my eyes and let out a shriek. Suddenly i can see clearly again and I don't even have glasses on although my eyes feel weird.
"They're called contact lenses." Meagan laughs at how clueless I am. And for the first time for the whole night she actually smiles.