Silver's Impact

Upon hearing Silver's cry, you stepped back anxiously and watched as everyone cheered and made their way to the weapons storage. You ducked behind a stair rail and watched through the gaps as someone broke through the door and held out solar rifles and laser guns in their four hands, emitting a cheer of triumph from the crew gathered in front. They clambered up the steps and crowded the stateroom door. It took you a moment to realise the map was inside and maybe Jim and maybe the Captain, Delbert, and Stygian. If so, they were trapped.

Your blood rushed heavily through your veins and your heart beat with trepidation. There has to be something you can do--anything. There's too many gathering by the door for you to charge and fight to give everyone inside more time to escape. In this matter of fight or flight, you'll have to flee.

"Jim..." The words went past your lips and were carried off with the wind.

He'll make it. If he's in there, then he's one among three brilliant minds. They will come up with a plan somehow.

You perked up as you thought og sonething. The only way for them was to go down and make their way to the longboats where they'll escape. You have to catch them before they leave.

Silver had pushed aside the crew impatiently and blasted the door open. You then dashed from your hiding spot and clambered down the steps of the crew's cabin and made a beeline for the engines. You felt your throat close up when you heard multiple footsteps far below you--through the hissing of gas and clangs of metal--and then much louder steps and ugly cries. As you turned a corner to a hallway, at the end of the hallway you saw the figures of Jim and Delbert zoom by. And in their pursuit were the pirates. You threw your bck against the wall as you waited for them to pass by you. The door to the longboats was just through this corner and straight ahead. Peering through, you saw the pirates have all gathered once again and banging on the metal door.

You were trapped. There's no way you'll make it to the longboats with Jim and the others and escape in time. The pirates will surely go after them since Jim has the map and use the last remaining longboat available. Then you'll really be trapped for sure.

The pirates managed to break down the door and barged in. Soon after you heard the Captain calling the pirates names and ammunition firing. There was a loud bang and then more firing. You don't know how long you waited, but you needed to get to Jim before they took off. Finally, you ran from the corner and ran through the hole in the door and took a split second to observe your surroundings.

The longboat in which Delbert, the Captain--and thankfully--Stygian were fleeing in was half falling as the platform was barely done opening beneath them. As you reached the catwalk, you saw Jim lunge just before the boat was pushed by the platform and fell to the sky.

"No!!" You cried out when you tripped on your feet and fell face first on the cold metal.

The platform was almost closed, but you caught a glimpse of their longboat sailing away. You scrambled to get up--determined to follow after them in the second longboat--but when you turned around, you were met with Silver as he stood on the other side of the catwalk.

For a moment, you were in shock. To believe this man had burned down Sarah's inn, and acted like it never happened and then played with her son's and your emotions, disheartened you. Your fists clenched and you let out angry tears as you stared at Silver with a lowered gaze. This man separated you from your loves ones and now he dares get in the way of reuniting with them again?

You pulled out your Berretta and pointed it in his direction. Your arm trembled the whole time you spoke. "Get. Out. Of my. Way."

Silver was standing awkwardly to one side and held a hand over his right thigh as if in pain. He had an expression on his face that was one of concern and something else. You noticed this and refused to fall for whatever he planned to say to you.