Legacy

* * * *

Over a week ago, you were half-dead, and walking the streets with no memories. Now, you're going on an expedition that could change your whole life and hopefully remind you of who you were before.

It all seemed crazy, but not as crazy as your visions.

Before departing, you, Stygian, Jim, and Delbert stopped at one particular shop that sold spacesuits. Delbert happily went in, and after several devastating hours of waiting, he finally popped out of the store wearing the most ridiculous suit you have ever seen. This the most embarrassing thing you have seen after the funny dance he did days earlier.

He seemed so cheery to have bought the item that you couldn't bring yourself up that he looked like a huge pregnant pear. You did tell Jim, though, and he giggled along with you. You all then took off to the Space Port after saying goodbye to Sarah at the mansion. You couldn't help but feel pity for her as she was going to be all alone in that huge mansion for several weeks. You only wished you could stay, but something called you to go. Plus, you made a promise to protect Jim.

You took a couple jewels from your jewelry box with you before leaving to box for Sarah to take care of.

The spaceport, much to your surprise, was actually the crescent moon you always looked up to before going to bed. The spaceport contained thousands of docks and millions of creatures trying to reach their destined ship or handling sales. Bizarre animals flew about squawking and pestering some poor civilians. Many stores were situated by the docks to remind travelers if they ever needed to buy some last minute items before departing.

While on the small and enclosed spacecraft with a dozen other bizarre creatures going to the spaceport, you turned to Delbert and asked him what your ship looked like and who the captain and crew is, seeing as how he was the one who picked out everyone. Delbert assured you that you would all find it eventually and he was certain everyone on board was friendly. He told you he had personally met with the crewmembers and they asked about the voyage. And, though he didn't remember any names, he assured you they were friendly and that they were professional sailors.

You became shocked at this--knowing Delbert was easily gullible and distracted--and asked why Delbert never had the idea to mention it before and consult you. You began wondered if literally, everyone Delbert hired knew about the map--the one thing you tried so hard to keep a secret. You became severely anxious at this wild and barbaric, but presumably true fact, and calmed yourself by breathing in the cool air on the small balcony at the end of the spacecraft.

Upon arriving, you paused at the bottom of the gangway and took in a deep breath of fresh air. The short trip was agonizing with the different creatures all breathing the same air--especially those creatures who released odorous gases as a natural process--and it was a relief to finally get something fresh. Jim stood beside you walked ahead and also paused at the bottom of the gangway and marveled at the sight before him.

Behind you, Delbert called for you both to wait for him and hobbled into view. You quickly stepped onto the dock so as not to fall as he took wide steps towards you and Jim. He popped open the glass on his helmet and hobbled beside Jim.

"Well, this should be a wonderful opportunity for the three of us to get to know one another." He smiled sheepishly and made an awkward, but friend gesture. Jim rolled his eyes. "You know what they say, familiarity breeds, um, well, contempt, but, in our case--"

Jim interrupted him. "Look, let's just find the ship, okay?" Although his toned seemed friendly, there was a hint of impatience in it that caused Delbert to be stunned into a sad silence.

You followed as Jim asked two creatures fixing a building--a robot at the top of the ladder and one short furry creature with a permanent frown carrying the ladder up higher to reach the tall window that the ladder's permanent height could not reach-- and the robot helpfully pointed you towards the right direction and the short one confirmed it. Jim thanked them and turned to follow directions.