Fun

If ur wondering, it should be Sunday in this chapter

~***~

Your eyes flew open and you gasped. As you stared at the cieling, you could still see the image of Flint as he was burned in your retinas.

Your breath managed to steady and you rolled your head over to the clock across your bed.

You still had an hour until sunrise, but the horror of the dream had you unable to sleep, so you got up.

You noticed you were drenched in sweat, so you gathered your uniform and a plain white chemise and skinny black pants to go under; and sat yourself on the bed to recompose yourself before getting up to take a shower.

His voice still haunted you.

You mean what you did?

Know what you did! We all know.

What exactly did you do? And what did he mean you should have left with Edward? Does this mean he's still alive? No, he couldn't be. He died long ago, right? You knew him since you were a child. Wait, who were you talking about again? Edward was a childhood friend and lover. That's all you knew.

You rubbed the sleepiness from your eyes and got up and went into the bathroom.

You watched as steam from the hot water rose up from the bathtub floor, making your vision foggy.

You stood and craned your neck upward to let hot water run down the front of your body. You let out an exhale and hung your head downwards and relaxed your muscles.

The feel of the warm water was so relaxing and comforting, but you couldn't stay long. Sarah needed you downstairs for work.

You turned off the faucet, grabbed a cream colored towel, dried your hair as best you could, and wrapped the towel around yourself.

You immediately felt a small, cold draft hitting your bare legs as soon as you left the tub. The mirror was all foggy and you wet your hand with water and splashed it onto it and wiped.

You frowned and leaned forward. Dark circles were formed underneath your eyes from the lack of sleep the past few days. Especially last night. Only a five hours sleep. Yugh.

You leaned back and sighed softly through your nostrils. So much has happened these past few days, that you never got a real chance to relax. To forget about all this mess that's been driving you mad. Besides the nice hot showers, you haven't done anything else that you really liked. Like tinkering with small objects, sailing...and probably more, if you could remember.

You need to do something else today, you thought to yourself. Go on a hike or something, ANYTHING. But you need to do something fun.

Pfft. Fun, that's your middle name. You'll find something to do.

You grasped your towel to keep it around you, and slipped your feet into your slippers.

Slowly, you opened the door and peered out.

No one was there. Downstairs, you could hear Sarah's footsteps in the kitchen.

You jumped out of the bathroom and turned to open your bedroom door when you heard the click of another door opening.

You gasped and turned to see Jim coming out of his own room. When he saw you, he froze, his hand still on the door knob. His eyes then widened and his cheeks turned red.

"Wha-. You're-uh," he stammered.

You blushed a crimson red and threw open your door and shut it behind you.