The Final Goodbye

GUYS. i know i have MAJOR plot holes in this story. Like, remember when jim was arrested and your character didnt worry about it?? Well i fixed it.

*  *  *  *

Jim shook your shoulder gently as you leaned against his shoulder. "Wake up."

You lifted your head groggily and rubbed your eyes. You yawned a  arched your back to alleviate the pain from sleeping in an uncomfortable position. Stygian was still asleep on your feet and you bent down to push back his tendrils. "Wake up, my Little Knight. It's time to move." Stygian lazily opened an eye and yawned, then he stretched his body. You heard the rustle of clothes and looked over at Jim who had a large coat hung over the crook of his arm.

"Isn't that Silver's?" You asked and stretched your arms up once more.

"Yeah. He came in and covered us with it." Jim looked down at it with a faint grin of appreciation.

"So, you saw him come in alone?"

"No, I think I saw him leave with Morph, though."

You frowned as you remembered seeing a much smaller and younger figure before seeing the actual Silver leave in his place. Jim set the coat aside and slipped his jacket on before helping you slip on yours.

"Thanks," you muttered and adjusted your chemise sleeves to cover your wrists. "Because I...I thought I saw him with someone--like an actual person--well, i didn't see him with another person, but I saw someone different. Didn't you?"

Jim looked at you as he hunched over to pick up the giant bucket of dishwater. "No?"

You shook your head. "I don't know. I was so tired I couldn't even see him well when he came in. Anyways, you need help carrying that bucket?"

Stygian zoomed out the kitchen before you and Jim even picked up the vat. You both carried the giant wooden vat up the stairs; spilling water along the way before reaching the dock to empty the water into space. After that, you both went in search for Silver to return to him his coat. He was on the forecastle, leaning on the rails and gazing up at the stars. Morph floated by him and sensed people approaching and chirped behind him.

Silver turned around with a pipe in one hand and chuckled to himself. "Well, if it isn't the two sleepin' beauties!"

You rolled your eyes but couldn't help smiling. "Hi, Silver. We came to return your coat."

Jim went forward and held it out. Silver reached out and eagerly took it and slipped it on. "Ah, yes! Thank ye both! It was getting quite chilly out 'ere."

You felt a sudden sharp pain in your forehead and winced and pressed your temples. "Agh!"

Silver frowned as he adjusted his coat. "Ye alright, lass?"

"Read?" Jim asked worriedly and placed a hand on your back gently.

You shut your eyes tightly to block out the pain. So far, it worked well. "Yeah, yeah. I just...head ache, you know?" You opened your eyes and sighed with relief. That's when you noticed everyone staring at you. "I-I'm fine. I think I ought to go to bed, though. All that work got me stressed, you know?" You chuckled uneasily and rubbed your arm nervously.

Silver watched you carefully before nodding firmly. "Yer right. It's pretty late and I want ye both awake bright and early for tomorrow's work, ya hear?" He pointed a finger at both you and Jim with a mischevious smile.

You chuckled breathily. "Yes, of course."

"Take good care of 'er, Jimbo. If she has any of those 'eadaches again, send her to the infirmary, eh?"