Departure

I want to apologize bc i realized Billy Bones was actually a salamander after reading the script of the movie. I will change that in the chapters before soon.

* * * *

You waited until you reached the kitchen to let out your frustration by shouting at Jim and Delbert as they complained about the captain's way of maintaining order.

"That--that feline! Whom does she think is working for whom ?!" Delbert exclaimed.

"It's my map, and she's got me here bussin' tables!" Jim complained.

"Your map? Let's not forget who it really belongs to. I can't argue with her because she's right! She's seemingly right all the time!" You threw your hands up. "And that annoys me! I just want to-"

You felt a sudden push behind you and a tall shadow shroud your bodies. Arrow's voice shook your eardrums as he spoke crossly, "I will not tolerate a cross word about our captain! There's no finer officer in this or any galaxy."

You scowled at the floor before raising your head when you heard a cheery whistling noise coming from the dark end of the kitchen. A large figure stood hunched overon the left side seemingly chopping ingredient.

"Mr. Silver," Arrow declared loudly.

The figure rose and came into view. The first thing you noticed was his giant nose that toothy grin that didn't seem to match his upbeat personality.

"Why, Mr. Arrow, sir!" Mr. Silver paused his chopping and wiped his hands on his apron and smiled cheerfully. He spoke his words with nasal sounds and it made you wonder if it was fake. You feel like you've heard it before. "Bringin' in such fine and distinguished gents and a lady to grace my humble galley." He bowed dramatically. "Had l known, I'd have tucked in me shirt!" He chuckled cheerfully and tucked his apron in his pants, which was an odd thing to do.

You were more perturbed to see his right arm and entire shoulder was made of automail, including a large portion of his leg. His forearm was large and contained many utensils from what you could see. His right eye was replaced with a golden that moved wildly as controlled metal gears and screws whirred and clicked on the side of Silver's head. You heard Jim gasp and mutter "Cyborg".

"May I introduce Dr. Doppler? The financier of our voyage," Arrow declared.

"Love the outfit, doc." Silver smiled and pointed a red laser from his robot eye and examined Delbert who was froze momentarily from shock.

"Well, thank you. Um, love the eye," Delbert replied and doubled over to cover his lower half of the body in embarrassment. He looked at you, Jim and Stygian and pulled Jim in front of him. "This is Jim Hawkins!"

"Ah! Jimbo!" Mr. Silver stepped forward and held out his hand which he switched from his huge forearm and produced weapons on each finger. He feigned shock and switched back to his normal fingers. Jim only glared at his arm and then at Silver. Silver grinned, unphased and rubbed Stygian's little cheek and gave him a fish biscuit.

You nervously pulled your jacket sleeve over your hand and stepped forward, "Hello." You introduced yourself by your real name with a friendly grin and held out your hand. If you hadn't been so close to him, you probably wouldn't have noticed him blink back shock, and his eye narrowed ever so slightly. You lowered your arm slightly and your friendly smile wavered nervously. "Ah, what's wrong? You look like you just saw a ghost."

"Maybe, I have," you heard him mutter. Silver kept his eyes unblinkingly on yours and, slowly and hesitantly, took your smaller hand. His eyes flickered down to your hands joined together, then looked up again and smiled, but you saw a whole different emotion hidden in his expression--something like fear and confusion. "Nice to meet you, lass. This your first time on a ship?"