Chapter 14: The Explanation

"What? How is that possibe? The gods are just myths, aren't they?" she asked. We were itting in my room in the house. I shook my head."They're completely real. If they weren't, I wouldn't be here," I answered. 

I hugged my knees to my chest. "I have been living with a bunch of other demigods, but none other with the same Parents as me. I lived at a camp called Camp Half Blood. No one can get in or even see camp unless you're a mortal born with the power to or a demigod."

"What do you do there? I mean, you didn't just do what normal camps do, did you?" I snorted."No. We trained." She rolled her eyes. "I mean kind of stuff did you do?"  I sighed, thinking about camp was making me miss it. "We learned how to fight. Sword fighting, archery, agility obstacles, the rock climbing wall that spills lava-" she interrupted me."You climbed up a wall while it was spewing lava?" I nodded."Wow, what else did you do?"

"Capture the flag, yeah the last one was unpleasant, and last year only, chariot races unpleasant also. I think that's it," I said. "What happened during the capture the flag and chariot races?"she asked."Wow. Not the questions I was expecting," I said."What do you mean?"

"I mean most people ask about monsters and the time I met Medusa, Chiron, Kronos' rising, that kinda thing." She looked at me."I thought Medusa was dead. Didn't Perseus kill her?" I smiled. "Twice, but two different Perseus'." She stared at me, lost. "Monsters don't really die. The do get killed, but don't die. They go to the pit, as I call it, or the tartarus, but come back after awhile. A whole lifetime, if you're lucky."

"Wow. What do you mean 'Kronos is rising'?" she asked."Exactly that. Titans can't die. He was just trapped at the bottom of the tartarus. But a bunch of demigods and minor gods are trying to bring him back, piece by peice, out of the tartatus."

"Wow." We spent the rest of the afternoon telling her about being a demigod. "You can't tell anyone what I just trusted you with. Swear on the River Styx.

"I swear."