Chapter 14

Something doesn't feel right

Hakguk's pov

I was walking through the bunker looking at some samples I picked up from trees nearby. I sense strong activity and I want to know exactly how they are absorbing such electromagnetic sound waves. Norm, Grace, and Jake were all in their links so I took it upon myself to have a break from Pandora for today. I really need to focus on my research anyway.

I hear the beeping of a link and notice it's Jake's. "that's odd." I shrug and walk over to my bunk and lay down as to not make a sound. I've been feeling very weird around Jake lately. Also it's weird that he is out of his link,he never is to the point we have to force him to get out.

I hear him grunt then the squeaking of his wheels exiting the room. I look around and notice he is gone so I quietly get off my bunk and follow him. I hide under a table and peek out to see what he is doing. He was on Grace's computer. What the hell? All of a sudden the door opens and combat boots can be seen. "Done?" It was Trudy.

"Yeah." Jake responds. There is a dead silence then Trudy speaks up. "You know if you don't give him something he will shut us down." Shut us down? "Yeah I know." I can see Jake give her something but I don't know what. "Help me get back into my link before Hakguk comes." I look and see their feet retreat to the link room. There is distant talking but I can't hear it from here and I don't intend to move.

I hear the clamshell being shut then footsteps coming back into the kitchen. They stop for a minute then the door opens and closes. I wait for a couple of minutes before I crawl out from under the table. I walk over to Grace's computer and gasps at was on display.

It was the 3D shots of the Vitraya Ramunong! Or also known as the well of souls. What could Jake want with these? I go over to my link and get ready to go into my avatar. I need to talk with Grace now! I adjust my biometric sensors and close my pod.

In the Avatar

I wake up and look around seeing all the hammocks are empty. I open up my hammock and jump off. I need Grace now. I reach the hometree and I begin my search for her. There are only a few possible spots she could be. Either on the second level with the women or down here looking at plants. Since I'm already down here I'll look around here. I head off into the forest and call her name but no answer.

"Grace!?" I wait for an answer but get none. "Where are you Grace?" I go back to the village and spot her talking to Tsu'tey. I run over and grab her arm "we have the talk." Tsu'tey looks at me questioningly. "What is the matter?" I ignore him and drag Grace away. "We have a problem." She nods and leads me away.

"What's up." We sit down by some rocks and I sigh. "Well today I was going to take a break from my Avatar but something odd happened." She nods and I continue. "I heard a link being opened so I hid in my bunk and noticed Jake was out of his link. I thought it was weird because he never gets out of that pod willingly." Grace furrows her eyebrows together. "I followed him a bit then I hid under a table. Trudy came in and she was talking about someone shutting us down if they didn't give that someone something."

Grace looked at the ground then she looked back at me sighed. "I think they were talking about Selfridge..." I gulp a bit. "That's not the worst of it." She raises her eyebrow and you can see the bit if fear lurking within them but she does well at suppressing her emotions. "When he got back into the link and Trudy left I got up and went over to what he was looking at...it was schematics of the well of souls." Grace covered her mouth in shock.

I throw my head back and groan. "Look we will have to keep a very very close eye on Jake...we don't know for sure if he sent them the schematics. Until then just...be a spy alright. I want you to make sure the times he exits his link and how long he does so..."
We both sigh then I hop off the rock. I stretch my arm out and help her off. "Thanks." I smile curtly at her and she heads off.

I look around and notice a pair of eyes watching me from the tree. I recognize those eyes anywhere. "Why are you up there Tsu'tey?" He jumps down and lands on the rock safely. "What were you talking about with Dr.Augustine?" I place one hand on my hip. "That is not of your concern Tsu'tey." He hops off the rocks and walks up to me. "Is it now?" He asks in English. His accent was thick and his grin never faltered. I felt my chest tighten a bit.

Stupid heart! No emotions remember that Hakguk no emotions! "That's right." He looks me over then he smirks and steps back a bit. "Hm...Dr.Augustine she isn't your mate is she?" I nearly choke on my saliva at the thought. "N...no! She isn't!" Tsu'tey raises his hands up in defense but he begins to cackle. "No need to be defensive alien it was just a question." I cross my arms over my chest in frustration. "A dumb question may I add." He looks at me and his grin widens. Gosh dammit Tsu'tey you make me feel....you make me feel so....so just so..ugh vulnerable!

Reality is a nightmare (Tsu'tey love story)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें