Chapter 6

Meeting Neytiri

Author's pov

Hakguk had passed out not to long ago so Jake has been carrying him. Back at the facility the real Hakguk was explaining to Grace what was had happened. "So you guys survived right?" Hakguk nodded. "Alright we are going to put you back into your Avatar because I have a feeling Jake is doing something incredibly stupid."

And Grace was right, Jake was currently being attacked by viperwolves who where attracted to the torch Jake had created using a sharpened tree branch,some leaves,and tree sap.

Grace checked over Hakguk to see if it was safe for him to go back in. "He is ready to go. You will stay there for as long as it takes as long as you get yourself and Jake's Avatars somewhere safe for the night. Avoid caves try to find a high tree and make a hammock got it." Hakguk processed everything that Grace just jammed into his head. "Alright so get somewhere safe,avoid caves,sleep in a high tree."

Grace nodded and gently pushed Hakguk back into the pod. "Good luck." She placed the sensor over his chest and calibrated the biometric sensors. She closed the clamshell and Hakguk closed his eyes.

Once he opened his eyes he heard arguing. One voice stood out to him as a woman's voice. She had a thick accent,
"Don't thank! You don't thank for this! This is sad. Very sad, only."

"Okay I'm sorry whatever I did I'm sorry!"

Hakguk opened his eyes and groaned getting the attention of the woman and Jake. "Another?" Hakguk gets up and rummages through his pockets to find his glasses. Once he finds them he puts them on and looks around. "Oh woah." The woman walks up to him and sniffs him. She steps back and walks away not wanting to be near Jake any longer.

Hakguk looks around and gasps, "what happened!?" He goes over to a dead viperwolf and kisses the viperwolf's head. "His fault!! They didn't need to die!" Neytiri jabs her bow in Jake's direction.

"My fault!? They attacked me how am I the bad guy here!?" Hakguk gently placed the viperwolf down and he grabbed a stick. "You honestly can't be left alone for two minutes without you already offending a tribe of indigenous natives!" He started whacking Jake with the stick.

"Ow! Hey ow!!! Look it not my fault!!"

Hakguk drops the stick in frustration.

"Your fault! You are like a baby, making noise, don't know what to do. You should not come here, all of you! You only come and make problems. Only." Hakguk looks back over at the dead viperwolves then he looks at Jake who is on the ground.

"Okay, fine, you love your little forest friends. So why not just let them kill my ass? What's the thinking?" Hakguk walked up to Jake and helped him up. "Thanks." Jake wrapped and arm around Hakguk's shoulder then he stared at neytiri in amusement.

"Why save you?" Hakguk nodded. "Yeah why save him?" Neytiri looked at Jake then at Hakguk. "Well you have strong heart....no fear." She then looks at Hakguk. "And you have strong heart and eyes of us. Eyes of Clan. You see what sky people don't." She then looks back at Jake with hatred. "But YOU are stupid and ignorant like a child!" She flicks Jake and walks off.

Jake let's go of Hakguk and stumbles forward trying to reach her. Hakguk sighs and runs after Jake with ease. "If I'm so ignorant why don't you teach me!?" Jake almost falls but Hakguk catches him and pushes him forward. "Sky people cannot learn you cannot see...unlike your friend." She continues to walk off and once again Jake follows.

"I am not here to babysit." Hakguk mutters as he follows them. "Then teach me to 'see' " Neytiri stops and Jake almost falls but once again Hakguk helps him. "You cannot learn to see!" Jake groans in frustration, "look I think we got off the wrong foot! He is Min Hakguk and I'm Jake sul-" he trips on a vine and almost falls. "Oh my god." Hakguk catches Jake by his collar and helps him up as Neytiri watches.

Once Jake is situated on the log he pants and looks at Neytiri. "Look I need your help." She scoffs and walks over. "You should not be here." Hakguk grabs Jake's arm "let's go!" Jake shakes his head and looks back at Neytiri. "Take us with you!" Neytiri pushes Jake back. "No go back." Then in an instant a hoard of wood sprites float down and start to stand on Hakguk and some on Jake. Jake attempts to whack them off but Neytiri stops him.

"What are they?"

Neytiri back away in awe, "Atokirina'. Seeds of the Great Tree --very pure spirits.." Hakguk giggles a bit as some tickle his chin and others land on his nose. They stay on him for quite a while. The ones that were on Jake float over and land on top of Hakguk's head. Jake looks over and laughs a bit at the fact some of them made it look like Hakguk had a mustache and a beard. "Well they seem to have a sense of humor." The woodsprites formed wings behind Hakguk's back then they drift away like a puff of smoke.

"Woah what was all that about!?" Neytiri stands there still shaken up, finally she looks at the two of them and motions for them to follow. "Come." When Jake didn't move she said it a bit more aggravated "come!" Her tone sounded urgent up surprised. Hakguk wasted no time in following same as Jake.

Back with Grace

"What do you think is going on?" Norm asks. "As long as the screens don't turn red and their avatar's heart level drops we can only assume they are still not dead." Grace looks at Hakguk's screen and notices how his heart rate would lower then speed up so she could only assume they were running. The only thing she found odd was there was a time when both of their heart rates lowered at the same time. Then they picked up pace at the same time.

"Hakguk I swear you better not fail me."