Chapter 8

Another day in Pandora

Hakguk's pov

I opened my eyes and gasped out as I intake as much oxygen as possible. "Ah welcome back welcome back. You two were dug in there like a tick." Hakguk smiles wearily while Jake just looks excited. "You will not believe where we left the Avatars."

Next morning at breakfast

I was munching on some bacon as Grace told everyone what happened yesterday. "So next thing I know a thantor appears and before I can even say run Dr.Genius over here is already gone and marine is hauling ass behind him!" Everyone starts laughing imagining the scenario in their heads. "I just can't believe it I mean the kids' are out there one night and they've got the Queen Bitch herself offering Them the spare room and the car keys.Unbelievable."

Jake swallows a bit of oatmeal and speaks up. "It's not something you can teach." I Bang my fist on the table and burst out laughing along with everyone else. I look over and see Norm eating his bacon angrily.

"For reasons I cannot fathom, the Omaticaya have chosen you. I can understand Hakguk but you!? God help us all."

The next morning

I woke up early to go get some breakfast when I saw Jake talking to a marine. I wasn't really suspicious until he lead him to a room which I know that room belongs to selfridge. "Hm?" I shrug and walk off to the cafeteria where everyone was already eating. "Ah Hakguk grab some food and let's go village life starts early." I lean over and grab a breakfast sandwich then I follow Grace.

"Alright I'm assuming you already know who is everybody and how to address them?" I nod and take a bite of my breakfast sandwich. "Good now go eat by your pod while I calibrate the machine." I walk over to my pod and continue to eat my sandwich. "Where the hell is jake?" I gulp down the rest of the sandwich and wipe my hands. "I saw him go into Selfridge's office." Grace looks at me in confusion. "Really?" I nod and open up my pod as she adjusts the biometric sensors.

"Weird....well anyway I can't keep you much longer here since Tsu'tey is probably awake by now." She puts the clamshell over me and closes my pod. I take a deep breath and close my eyes

With Tsu'tey

I woke up and sure enough Tsu'tey was over my hammock about to shake me awake. "What are you doing?" He looks at me and opens the hammock "let's go." He climbs off my hammock and I follow him out. "If you want to capture the beauty of Pandora you have to become like us." I don't know if I understand but I nodded anyway as we made our way to the second level of the home tree for breakfast.

Once we got there we saw breakfast wasn't quite done so I go up to a woman who looks frantic. "Is something wrong?" She nods and points to a shelf. "No meat or berries the hunters have yet to return." Tsu'tey walks over and sighs. "Who's turn was it to do the morning hunt?" The woman thinks for a moment then she snaps her fingers. "Ajait and Hutsi." Tsu'tey sighs irritability. "Go gather more woman to help with the cooking We will go get the hunt." The woman nods and walks away.

"Well aren't you lucky you get to start your training early. Ajait and Hutsi are the least dependable here within the tribe. They are lazy. So today we will start off by looking for them. While I do that you go collect three baskets full of berries. You can tell which are poisonous if the bush has thick blue prickly leaves." I nod and walk off to find some baskets. "Under the table." Tsu'tey States.

I look under and find a plethora of baskets.All the same size but each with its own unique design. I grab three baskets and head over to Tsu'tey who motions for me to follow. "In order to get to berries you will need a direhorse to get you there." So much work for berry picking. We walk down the second level and reach the bottom. "You must know where the stables are located." He leads me through a tunnel then we emerge at a field full of direhorses roaming around.

"Come now." We walk a bit then we stop in front of a beautiful direhorse who's pattern is quite different from the others. "Climb." I gulp nervously and climb on. I've never done this before so it's a bit nerve wracking. "Tie the bond in order to give commands." He grabs my queue then he stares at it for a while he suddenly snapped out of his daze and he grabs the direhorse's antenna. "Like so." He hands me the antenna so I near my queue and the tendrils wrap around mine.

My eyes widen and I suddenly feel a jolt. " This is shahaylu -- the bond. Feel her heartbeat, her breath. Feel her strong legs." I take deep breaths and suddenly I feel at peace, I feel the horse relax under me and soon I'm smiling happily. "You may tell her what to do --" Tsu'tey touches the direhorse's head and suddenly I feel even more at peace. "--inside. For now, say where to go." He moves his hand and suddenly the warmth and peace is gone for a bit.

"Ok um walk straight. Slow and steady." The direhorse suddenly lays down. "Wah?" Tsu'tey looks over and laughs. "Are you thinking abut laying down!?" I nod shyly. "Oh you are strange indeed." I blush and look away. I think about the horse standing up and walking straight and soon the horse does just that. "Perfect. Now go!" Tsu'tey smacks the horse's ass but for some reason I feel a sting on my own.

I start to think about berries and soon the horse is moving on it's own.

An hour later

Author's pov

Tsu'tey managed to find the two men with meat in their hands but they weren't planning on coming anytime soon. They were planning on taking the meat and eating it themselves so they got punished with no breakfast. Hakguk had returned with all sorts of berries which the woman checked for any poison ones but none were seen so the woman got to work and making a wonderful breakfast for the hungry clan.

After everyone ate Tsu'tey looked over at Hakguk and saw he was talking with one of them woman. The woman smiles and motions for him to follow so Hakguk does just that. Tsu'tey cocks and eyebrow and follows them.

"What in the world are you doing Hakguk?"