Chapter 15

Final stage

Author's pov

Hakguk lays on a stage of sorts under the Sacred tree. He has to go through one more task before he is accepted into the clan. Tsu'tey didn't go too much in depth about what the task was but all he said was that it was painful and life threatening. But he also said that it will prove his worth and that's exactly what Hakguk wants.

He would be going first and then Jake. Mo'at circles around him and purifies him with herbs as she chants a verse or so in a low tone. "Oh wise worm,eater of the sacred tree-bless this worthy hunter with a true vision." Grace watched from the sidelines in fear as the initiation began.

Hakguk opens his mouth and sticks out his tongue. Mo'at places a worm on his outstretched tongue and once the worm lights up he closes his mouth and chews it. To Grace she found that gross but once you have eaten beetle larvae that worm was dessert. Eytukan opens a jar and pulls out a black writhing arachnoid. It resembled a scorpion from back home.

Eytukan places the creature on the nape of Hakguk's neck then touches it. The creature hisses and drives its stinger into Hakguk's neck. Tsu'tey was not joking when he said the process would be a painful one. Hakguk scrunched his nose up at the pain. Mo'at and Eytukan step back and leave Hakguk alone. Nobody moves,everyone stays still as Hakguk closes his eyes. They begin a low chant,not to loud to irritate Hakguk but it was vital.

Hakguk opens his eyes and looks around. He sees Tsu'tey but his face along with the others transform into more threatening creatures. He looks at his hands and he sees the ground swallowing him whole. As he plummets he looks up at the sky and watches as its dark hue takes on a bloody red color. He doesn't scream or make a sound he just lets the earth eat him up.

In reality Hakguk was on his fours puking and hissing in pain. Tsu'tey wants to look away but he is forced to watch. Hakguk hits the ground and cries then more puke comes up and spills over the ground.

In Hakguk's world a tree gently places him down on plush green grass. He looks around and smiles in contentment seeing the ocean's bright blue waters crash onto the beach below him. Then in an instant he is being lifted off the ground and being flown around. He looks below him and sees a vast forest,he looks up at what's carrying him and he gasps seeing a grand Leonopteryx. It's wasn't the last shadow...this one was more majestic. This one had rich dark purple wings with gold specks imprinted on it.

By the stature he assumed this one was a female. She had huge horns that resembled a bulls coming out of her head. Her face was covered in silver and blue specks making her shine under the sun's light. She wasn't the last shadow but Hakguk knew she was special....but how was his question. As she neared the forest he would notice plants grow and bend as if they were bowing to her.

Back to reality his mouth was beginning to foam. His eyes were rolled to the back of his head and his fingers were gripping the dirt beneath him. Tsu'tey kept chanting but his eyes were filled with tears.

In Hakguk's world the leonopteryx dropped him off on a nice field with flowers suddenly blooming. He saw the majestic creature stare at him,not menacingly but more with love and nurture like that of a mother. Her antenna lowered and neared his face. Hakguk grabbed his queue then he looked at the leonopteryx as if asking permission. She didn't move so he assumed he could. His tendrils and her's intertwined.

Soon he gasped and his eyes widened. He could feel her heartbeat and he could feel her pain. She was simply divine. This is exactly what he wanted for his painting. She was the embodiment of Pandora itself,he placed his forehead upon hers and they stayed like that for a while. Then she undid the bond and squawked before flying away with a banshee...the banshee itself looked very familiar...like Tsu'tey's

In real life Hakguk's body stopping turning and suddenly there was a gasp and Hakguk sat up looking around. "It's done." Mo'at announced. Tsu'tey smiled happily and let the tears roll down his face. Hakguk looked over and smiled at him.

"What did you see?" Eytukan asked. Hakguk in all honesty didn't even know how to describe what he saw. Mo'at walked over and touched his forehead. She suddenly gasped and backed away in astonishment. "He saw...The Life Giver." Everyone gasped and looked at Hakguk. "She is the one who takes commands from Ewya and makes new life on this planet. She will sometimes take the dead and make them into plants or animals. So that they are always by ewya...she...she...is the embodiment both heart and soul of Ewya and Pandora."

Hakguk covered his mouth in surprise while everyone looked at Eytukan. "You are now apart of the Omaticaya...and apart of the people." Everyone walked up and watched as the leaders placed their hand on Hakguk's shoulders then the rest followed.

After that was finished it was Jake's turn but Tsu'tey grabbed Hakguk's hand and slipped out. They walked out of the hometree and trudged to a nearby lake. Grace had watched them go but she didn't think anything of it considering they were two guys (two gays lol) They arrived at the lake and Hakguk smiled. "Very pretty." He muttered.

Tsu'tey looked over with a smile on his face. "Yeah it is...I've never actually payed attention to the beauty around me but...these months I've been training you I've learned to appreciate what's around me." Hakguk walked up to Tsu'tey and punched his shoulder. "So romantic." They both laughed until Hakguk looked over and sighed.

"Tsu'tey promise not to be mad at me." Tsu'tey looked over and nodded.

"Something bad is about to happen and I don't know what it is."