Chapter 62

I walked into the dungeon with Sam, he had gotten blood, but I stopped before we got to the hidden room. I scooted down the wall, and pulled my knees up.
Dean said" Really?"
Sam said" For whatever it's worth, I got your blood type."
" Sam, I know you think you're gonna try and fix me, but did it ever occur to you that maybe I don't want to be fixed? Just let me go live my life. I won't bother you. What do you care?"
" What do I care? Ritum Sacrum... Hanc Terram Consecro-" this hurt more than it should, but I couldn't handle it. I teleported to my room and locked my door, I breathed out then let my energy focus again.

I felt Sam getting angry, so I decided to send a mind message to him,

Just do your job and don't listen to him, that's not our Dean. We know that, I'm here, Sammy.

Then I heard Dean's scream, I breathed out and gulped, I really hope this works... really hope this works, I don't think Sam or I have the guts to kill our own brother. I yawned but stayed awake, I have to stay awake for Sam, he needs me here.

Soon, I felt Sam had fear, I teleported down to the dungeon and stood outside the door. I peeked around the way,
Sam said" Dean! Come on! Come back! Come back yo me. You there? Hey! Dean, you okay?" I tilted my head,
Dean said" Yeah, if you... consider drowning in your own sweat while your blood boils okay."
" Look, I can't stop doing this."
" Sure you can, you just stop. There's no point in trying to bring your brother back now."
" Oh, I will bring him back."
" In fact, your, uh, guilt-ridden, weight-of-the-world bro has been MIA for quite some time now. But I'm loving the new model, lean, mean Dean."
" Right."
" You notice I tried to get as far away from you as possible? Away from your whining, your complaining. I chose the king of hell over you. Maybe I was just... tired of babysitting you or always having to yank your lame ass out of the fire since forever. Or maybe, maybe it was the fact that my mother would still be alive if it wasn't for you. That your very existence sucked the life out of my life." My mind floated off as my head started tilting, I knew I was starting to slowly strangle him but I didn't stop myself.
" This isn't my brother talking."
" You never had a brother, just an excuse for not manning up. But guess what. I quit." I calmed down when I knew Sam needed me, my mind fogged over a bit as I started loosing focus.
" No, no you don't. You don't get to quit. We don't get to quit in this family. This family is all we have ever had!"
" Well, then, we got nothin'."
" Would you say that to dad?"
" Dad? Oh, there's a prize. Here's a man who brainwashed us into wasting our lives fighting his losing battle. Oh. Ooh. Is this you manning up?"
" This is me yanking your lame ass out of the fire." Sam shot Dean up with another dose of blood," You're welcome." Then I heard Sam walking out, so I quickly moved away from The door. Sam saw me and gave me that look,
I said" Not gonna stay away, come on, you need at least an hour of sleep."
He said" I'm fine."
" Samuel Winchester. I will drag you to your room if you do not go willingly, and I will knock you out."
" You need sleep."
" No, I don't. I'm fine."
" That threat, just admits you're not fine." I glared at him," So does that glare, and the way your fingers are tapping along your side." I looked down and saw my fingers subconsciously tapping along my side." I know all your tells, go to your room and sleep. I'm fine, Hazel." I huffed but walked to my room and laid down, falling asleep almost instantly.
I woke up to Sam's screams in my head, I sat up instantly and locked my door. Sam's message came through,

Stay in your room. Lock your door. Keep alert.

I gulped, then realized that only meant one thing, Dean's escaped, and he's somewhere in the bunker. The bunker went on lock down, then I heard Dean,
Dean said" Smart, Sam. Locking the place down. Doors won't open. I get it. But here's the thing, I don't want to leave. Not till I find you. Sammy! You're just making this worse for yourself, man! Oh, by the way, you can, uh... blame yourself for me getting loose. All that blood you pumped into me to make me human, well... the less demon I was, the less the cuffs worked. And that devil's trap, well, I just walked right across it. It smarted. But still..." then the lights came back on, he's in the electrical, I can get out of my room and get to Sam, but Sam told me to stay put in my room. I ran out of my room and teleported to Sam, he locked Dean in the electrical room." That's your big move?"
Sam said" Listen to me, Dean! We were getting close, okay? I know you're still in there somewhere. Just let me finish the treatments. Dean?" Then I pulled him back as I sensed something heavy about to be through the door. Dean was breaking through the door,
" You act like I want to be cured. Personally, I like the disease."
" Dean! Stop that! Look, I don't want to use this blade on you!"
" Oh! That sucks for you, doesn't it? 'Cause you really mean that."
" Look, if you come out of that room, I won't have a choice!"
" Sure you will! And I know which one you'll make. Isn't that right, Sammy? But, see... here's the thing. I'm lucky. Oh, hell, I'm blessed. 'Cause there's just enough demon left in me that killing you ain't no choice at all." He was gonna break through, I grabbed Sam's wrist and ran," Sammy? Come on, Sammy! Let's have a beer, talk about it. I'm tired of playing. Let's finish this game!" I left Sam, he can protect himself I think, I teleported out of the bunker and onto the road, I connected to Cas, I screamed into his head,

Cas!! Emergency! Sos! Get your ass to the bunker! Sos!

I teleported back in and stood at the wall behind Sam, not daring to peek over and see my brother having a knife at the neck of our brother. Then I heard Cas,
Cas said" It's over. Dean, it's over." Dean went demon," It's over."
Once we got Dean secure and Sam dosed him up again,
Sam said" What the hell are we doing to him, Cas? I mean, even after I gave him all that blood, he still said he didn't want to be cured. That he didn't want to be human."
Cas said" Well... I see his point. You know, only humans can feel real joy, but... also such profound pain. This is easier." Then Dean woke up, his eyes were demon then they dissolved into his normal eyes.
Dean said" You look worried, fellas." Then Sam splashed him with holy water and he didn't burn,
Sam and I said" Welcome back, Dean."

Sam walked back into the library where Cas and I were,
Sam said" Hey."
Cas said" How's he doing?"
" He's, uh... he's still a little out of it, but better, I think. I mean, I think this whole thing. The blood cure and the... all of it really wrecked him, you know?"
" Yeah."
" On the plus side, he's hungry again, so I'm just gonna go pick him up a big ol' bag of crap food and stuff it in his face myself. You mind keeping an eye?"
" Yeah. Sam?"
" Yeah?"
" You realize, one problem is solved, but one still remains. Dean is no longer a demon. That's true. But the mark of cain, that, he still has, and sooner of later, that's gonna be an issue."
" You know what, Cas? I'm beat, man. One battle at a time, you know? So I'm just gonna go grab my brother some cholesterol. And then I'm gonna get drunk."
I said" I'm in." I teleported next to him and we headed out.

Once we were on the road,
Sam said" You're not getting drunk."
I said" Semi-drunk?"
" No."
" Pain pill drunk?"
" I think that's called overdose, and no again."
" I'm gonna get whiskey drunk."
" At least you know the right drink."
" Learned from every adult in my life, minus angel boy." I yawned,
" Go to sleep for a little, I know your order." I hummed then laid down, across the seat and fell asleep.