Chapter 71

S10E23 Brother's Keeper
——————————————————
So much had went wrong, I should have been there, but I wasn't, I'm such an idiot for leaving my brothers again... we depend on each other and I wasn't there, this is all my fault, if I was there, maybe Dean wouldn't have taken off, maybe Charlie wouldn't have died. I screwed up once again.

Sam and Cas went to speak with Rowena, I wasn't allowed because I'm currently a "loose canon" which isn't fair but... Cas can only handle one pissed and stressed Winchester at a time. I was pacing around my room, back and forth, over and over again. I breathed heavily then I pushed my hands out, and my power had an outburst, I got dizzy then my power had an outburst again and again.
I breathed heavily then passed out...

I woke up to someone pulling me up by my shirt and shaking me, I gasped and jolted. I saw Sam, he looked at me, scared, I breathed heavily then leaned against him.
He said" You okay?"
I said" I'm fine... thanks. What's happening?"
" Uh, Dean's working a case, we need to head to Nebraska."
" Okay, let's go." He let go of me cautiously, then I nearly fell and he caught me quickly.
" You should stay here."
" No!... I'll be fine, I'm not leaving your side again."
" Hazel, this... all of this isn't your fault, you know that, right?"
" Are we sure about that?"
" Yeah, we are. It wouldn't have mattered if you were there or not, it wouldn't have changed anything."
" How do you know?! I could have stopped Dean from even going near Cain! I would have sensed Cain's power and kept Dean away whether he liked it or not!"
" No, you couldn't have."
" I have powers to keep you both safe, and I've failed to use those powers to keep you safe, I'ma freakin' failure, and I should be dead!"
" Hey! You shouldn't be dead, you, baby girl, are probably the only thing keeping me and Dean going, if you had died that first time. You really think Dean and I would even be able to be in the same room as each other, we'd be at each other's throats. The world would be gone, we'd give up just because we didn't have you there by our sides. Okay? And you're not a failure, look at you, you've grown into this amazing strong young woman, who can defend herself and her older brother when she needs to. Haz, you mean everything to Dean and I, we would drop everything just to come to you, okay?" Sam was slowly carrying me to the garage," Remember when you called us when you were in New York, you said you had been hurt, Dean was worried. So worried, I had to drag him back from the impala so he wouldn't drive from Kansas to New York in under a day. Dean called you right after that, and you were stitching up the claw mark, he heard your whimpers and yelps, his fist was clenched tightly and angry at whoever did this to you. But once you said you were okay and not bleeding anymore, he and I relaxed instantly, knowing that you were safe even if you weren't with us. We never want you hurt, ever, we always want you safe."
" We're never safe."
" Believe me, we know and we hate when you're hurt. We couldn't careless about ourselves, if you are hurt, you're first to get help." He put me in the car and got in, I started falling asleep,
" Sammy, I'm scared." He looked at me, I could see the worry in his eyes, he was just as scared as me.
" It's okay. We're all gonna be okay." He smiled at me, it wasn't a real smile, I could see that, but he tried to convince me," I've got your back, Baby girl, I've got your back." My eyes fully closed and I was out like a light.

I woke up when Sam gently shook my shoulders, I got up and we walked into a motel room, Dean's motel room. I gulped as I saw the room was destroyed, Sam and I looked at the impala keys and note on the bed. He grabbed it and we looked at the not that read, " She's all yours—" I looked at Sam, I gulped, we left the motel room.
Sam's phone rang,
He said" Dean."
Dean said" I gave it a shot, Sammy, Baby girl."
I said" Listen to us, whatever you're doing, whatever you've done, please..."
" Hell, I even worked a case. I gave everything I had to beat this thing down."
Sam said" I saw. I saw Rudy."
" Well, then, you saw what I did."
" No, that wasn't you."
" Sure as hell felt like me. Brother, sister, I'm done."
" No. No, you're not. Dean."
" Grab a pen. It's time to say goodbye."