Chapter 70

S10E15 The Things They Carried
———————————————————

Dean said" Hey, check it out." Sam closed his laptop fast,
Sam said" Hey."
" Porn?"
" What? No. I-It's nothing."
" Hey, look, no judgement from me. Just, you know, not where we eat."
" Dude, it wasn't porn."
" Okay, Erotica. Whatever. Zip it up. Check this out. The vic was trained in Krav Maga and Jiu-Jitsu. Still ended up with her organs drained, and the marrow was sucked completely out of the bones."
" So... cannibalism. You thinking a Rugaru?"
" Or a God, maybe. I'll go dig up my pencil-neck suit."
" Wait, Wait, wait. W-What?"
" What, is this not weird enough for you?"
" Well, yeah, it's weird, but, um, I mean, we- we... I mean..."
" Great. 10 minutes. I'll meet you in the car."
" Great." Once Dean was gone and in his room,
I said" You lie professionally, but you can't come up with a quick one when it's Dean? I've lied to both of you on the spot, billions of times, face to face, you suck." Sam did that annoyed huffy thing when his shoulders move, I smiled then walked to my room and grabbed a bag and stuffed it with clothes before grabbing my gun and sticking it in my jeans.

I was laying in the backseat, dozing on and off,
Dean said" Sam. I know what you're doing over there, and it ain't porn. Look, man, we have checked every website, okay? We've checked it twice. Sammy, when we work a case, there's always that- that point... when we have to face the truth, right? Even if we don't like it. Well, truth is... there's no way around this. We saw what happened to Cain, okay? I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do, while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me." I closed my eyes and dozed off again, while I was away from the boys, I naturally caused any trouble I could grasp and made a muck of crossroad demons. Which exhausted my powers and now it's having to recharge, which sucks because they're faulty and clumsy, so it's dangerous for my brothers and I would never risk one of their lives.

They went into the police station, and once they came out, the case had been "solved" but usually there's always something else. So, they went to talk with the killer's wife, the killer was a military man. I closed my eyes and fell asleep, maybe my dream powers will work up again, and I'll dream what the thing is that killed that woman.
I woke up, and a note was on my forehead, Dean Winchester! I read the note,
Be right back
- Sam and Dean

I saw Cole as he leaned against The impala, oh, not him again. I saw my boys,
Cole said" Recognized your wheels."
Dean said" What the hell are you doing here?"
" Jemma called me in. I've known Kit since we were military brats raisin' hell on the same base. He's a good man."
" Well, no one's saying he's not."
" Oh, really, now? So, what are you two, Uh, here for, Jemma's sweet tea? You want to tell me why you're really here?"
Sam said" We're working a case."
" Oh, Kit's case?"
" Honestly, we're not sure just yet, but, um, It's looking like it."
" Mm. Says you."
I teleported out there,
Dean said" There's a murder-suicide in town. Your buddy Kit? Same unit as the killer. Same whacked-out antics. So..." Dean walked away,
Sam said" Look, we're not going anywhere, alright? And if you care about your buddy, you'll let us handle this."
Cole said" Mm. Nah, I think I'm gonna be coming with you."
Dean said" Oh, the hell you are."
" I got contacts. I can help."
" You really can't."
" For example, a friend of mine works military intelligence, owes me a favor." Sam looked at Dean and I, then back to Cole,
Sam said" Would he know what Rick and Kit's mission was?"
" Sure. And he'd tell me all about it."
Dean said" Okay, fine."
" No, it ain't. You know, I figure what's going on here, I stick to you three like flies on roadkill, make sure my buddy comes home in one piece. Look, I don't know what you three are thinking, but we are not gonna hunt my best friend, who happens to be a frigging war hero, by the way. We are gonna find him. And that's the difference."
" Hey, man, we're right there with you, okay? Kit's a hero, but-"
Sam said" But you got to prepare yourself. Kit might not be Kit anymore."

We were researching, seeing if Demons could have anything to do with this, but there was nothing.
Sam said" Yo. Sustenance." Sam sat down then passed me my burger,
Dean said" Listen, I got nothing on cattle deaths, freakish weather, none of it."
" So... probably not a demon."
Cole said" So maybe it's just not your kind of thing at all."
Dean said" Well, when in doubt... eat."
" Okay, here we go. I got an encrypted email here from my friend at the MI."
Sam said" And?"
" Well... Kit and Rick were sent to rescue an American POW being held in Iraq, the Najaf cemetery."
I said" Cemetery?"
" Bastards use 'em as a, uh, as a prison. I got some footage here from the camera on Willis' helmet during his last mission with Kit." We watched the video and the guy they were trying to rescue was crazy.
Dean said" I'm guessing that didn't have a happy ending."
" No, it did not. Mission failed. And that POW got shot by guards."
Sam said" Really? That's what happened?"
" That's the official story."
Dean said" Alright, so, Kit and Rick came back screwed up. We know that much."
" Well, and then Rick jumped the high dive. God, Kit."
" What was that?"
Sam said" I set my phone to get local alerts."
Cole said" Is it bad?"
" It's bloody."
Dean said" Alright, let's get out of here."

We got to the crime scene, I stayed low as usual, and once they came out, I got info via mind telepathy. This was definitely our kind of thing, the guy licked blood off of the floor...
Once they came out, and got to the impala, Dean said" Hey, Kung-Fu grip, you coming?"
Sam said" So, what next?"
" We hit every cop shop within a 10 mile radius, put the word out, see if we can't track him down."
Cole said" And if you find him, what then? Kit needs help. He doesn't need a bullet, and he doesn't need a knife."
Sam said" Okay. You know what, Cole? We know you want to protect your buddy, but-"
Dean and I said" If he's a monster... we got to put him down."
Cole said" That's the way it's gonna have to be, huh?"
" That's the job. So, you in or out?"

We dropped Cole off,
He said" Thanks for the lift."
Dean said" It's better this way, alright? You keep her calm. We'll keep you posted."
" Yeah."
" Hey, Cole. He shows up, don't try and be a hero. Call us."
" You got it." Then we drove away, and after we got far enough, we pulled into a space so he couldn't see us. Then he drove by us in his jeep,
" And you bought him dinner." We followed him up to a cabin.

Once we got out, we heard fighting, so we ran in and then tried to fight Kit but failed. I got up quick, Cole was coughing up a storm, there was a worm like creature that Dean stomped. So, I'm guessing one of them went down his throat, Dean and I took off after Kit, but failed to find him. We got back to the cabin,
Dean said" Man, that was a dumbass move coming here alone. You know that, right?"
Cole said" Oh, I'm sorry. I should have let the machete brothers cut my buddy's head off."
" Well, if you did, maybe you wouldn't be choking down a damn khan worm right now."
" What's a khan worm?" No, not this again!
Sam and I said" You think that's what it is?"
Dean said" Or some sort of freak cousin."
Cole said" Freak cousin of what?"
I said" A couple years back, Dean, Sam and I worked a case. We got stuck in a cannery with this worm. It would get into people's bodies and-"
Dean said" It was freaking awful."
Cole said" Alright, so you've been to this rodeo before. How do we kill it?"
" Worst case, headshot the person it's in. Worm crawls out, we stomp it like a bug."
" Is there a version where you don't cap me?"
Sam said" Yeah, uh, last time, electrocution made the worm leave the body."
" Alright, fine. Electrocution it is. I'm game."
" Alright. You two get to work. I'll go look for Kit."
" Hey, hey, Sammy?"
" Yeah."
" If we can fix me, we can save Kit, right?"
" That's the idea." Sam and I walked out to find Kit.

Sam's phone rang, he answered it,
He said" Dean. How did it go?"
Dean said" Worm was a no show."
" That doesn't make any sense. Last time-"
" Well, this ain't the last time. I mean, maybe this is a whole new species, you know? All I know is that sparky struck out."
" Well, there's got to be something. I mean, everything has a weakness, right?"
" Well, what about you? Any luck?"
" I'm on my way to Kit's. Thought I'd check there first."
" Alright, well... hurry up, man." Then he hung up.

Once we got there, we ran in and hit Kit over the head with a vase.
Sam said" Are you okay?" Jemma nodded,
We called Dean,
Sam sad" You're in a... sweat lodge?"
Dean said" Well, you're the one who said everything has got a weakness. So I figure take a schvitz, kill a freak. Call that a good day."
" Yeah, if it works."
" Well, you got a better idea?"
" Yeah, I do, actually, Dean. We know how to end this."
" Yeah, plan B for Bullet. But we're not quite there yet, so just hold tight."
" Alright."
" How's the wife?"
" She's barely holding on. How's Cole?"
" He's going strong."
" Good. Look, Dean, Kit is gonna come to. And when I got here, it was bad."
" We're on the clock. I get it."
" Yeah." I started faltering, I teleported to the impala and passed out instantly.