Chapter 27

Sam and Dean made me stay in the car while they went to Bobby. I closed my eyes and started focusing on anything possible of Lucifer, but I couldn't get anything. Maybe my powers only work with Sammy and De, that would be awesome too.

Once they came out, we were headed to River Pass, Colorado. We got to a bridge and it was broken,
Dean said" This is the only road in or out."
Sam said" No signal."
" Rufus was right. Demons got this place locked down."
" Looks like we're hiking in."
" And the hits just keep on coming."

Once we got into the town, it looked abandoned, we passed a car that was flipped over. But no one was inside of the car, there was nothing. We got to another car, and Sam turned it off, we walked around. Then heard a gun, I hid behind Dean, peeking out from his side.
Sam said" Ellen?"
She said" Hello, boys."
Dean said" Ellen, what the heck's going on here?" Then she splashed him with holy water," We're us." Then we followed her.
Once we got inside and through a salt line and demon trap,
she said" Real glad to see you boys." Then she hugged him, then slapped him," The can of whup ass I ought to open on you. You can't pick up a phone? What are you... allergic to giving me peace of mind? I got to find out that you're alive from Rufus?!"
" Sorry, Ellen."
" Yeah, you better be. You better put me on speed dial, kid."
" Yes, ma'am." She walked away, we followed her," What's going on, Ellen?"
" More than I can handle alone."
Sam said" How many demons are there?"
" Pretty much, whole town, minus the dead people and these guys. So... this is it, right? End times? It's got to be."
" Seems like it."
" It's me." Someone let us in," This is Sam and Dean, and Hazel. They're hunters, here to help."
A guy said" You guys hip to this whole demon thing?"
Dean said" Yeah. Are you?"
Another man said" My wife's eyes turned black. She came at me with a brick. Kind of makes you embrace the paranormal."
Dean said" Alright, catch us up."
Ellen said" I doubt I know much more than you. Rufus called, said he was in town investigating omens. All of a sudden, the whole town was possessed. Me and Jo were nearby-"
" You're hunting with Jo?"
" Yeah, for a while now. We got here, and the place.. well, the place was like you see it. Couldn't find Rufus. Then me and Jo got separated. I was out looking when I found you."
" Don't worry. We'll find her."
Sam said" Either way, these people cannot just sit here. We got to get them out now."
She said" No, it's not that easy. I've been trying. We already made a run for it once."
" What happened?"
" There used to be 20 of us."
Dean said" Well, there's three of us now."
" You don't know what it's like out there. Demons are everywhere. We won't be able to cover everybody."
Sam said" What if we get everybody guns?"
Dean said" What- Are you gonna arm up baby bump over here?"
" More salt we can fire at once, more demons we can keep away."
" There's a sporting goods store we passed on main on the way in. I bet they got guns."
" Alright. You stay. We'll go."
Ellen said" What about-"
" If Jo and Rufus are out there, we'll bring them back." We walked out the door,
Dean said" Whoa, whoa, hold on, Why don't I just go?"
" What? Alone?"
" Well, Yeah. Somebody's got to stay here and start giving them shotgun 101."
" Yeah, Ellen."
" No, no, no. It's gonna go a lot faster if you stay and help, okay?"
" While you go get guns and salt and look for Jo and Rufus? That's stupid."
" I can handle it."
" You don't want me going out there."
" I didn't say that."
" Around demons."
" I didn't say that."
" Fine, then let's go." Sam walked upstairs, I looked at Dean, attempting a stern look, then followed Sam. We got outside," I'll get the salt. You get the guns."
" We'll go together."
" Dean, it's right there. Can we at least do this like professionals?" I dragged Dean away from Sam, I trust Sam, I know he'll do the right thing. We grabbed guns and bullet rounds,
I said" So, how am I gonna help?"
Dean said" Shoot demons, stomach, head or heart shot."
" But I can kill them without wasting bullets."
" No, Hazel, promise me you won't use your powers here." I gulped," Hazel, promise me."
" I promise." Oh, I hope nothing goes horribly wrong and I have to break that promise.
Once we got to the store, I stayed outside and waited for them.

Once we got back to the room, they started teaching the people how to shoot, reload, load guns.
Dean said" You know your way around a gun at all?" The man broke up the gun," Hmm. Where'd you serve?"
The man said" Fallujah, two tours. Got back a little over a year ago. Takes one to know one. Where'd you serve?"
" Hell."
" No, seriously."
" Seriously. Hell."

Dean walked over to Sam and I, I was sitting on Sam's knee.
Dean said" Hey. What's wrong?"
Sam said" Just... at the store. Those demons were possessing teenagers. I mean, I had to slit some kid's throat."
" Come on, Sam. You had to."
" I know. I just... it used to be. I just wish I could save people, like I used to."
" What.. you mean when you were all hopped up on demon blood?"
" I-I didn't say that."
Ellen said" I'll be back."
Dean said" Where are you going?"
" I can't sit here on my ass. My daughter's out there somewhere. I'm not back in half an hour, go. Get these people out of here."
Sam said" No, wait. I'll go with you." They stood up, Sam put me down,
Dean said" Whoa. Hold on. Can I talk to you for a second?" We went out the door," You're gonna go out there again?"
" Well, crap doesn't hit the fan with coffee breaks."
" I'll go."
" It's fine. Just stay here, get 'em ready. I'll cover Ellen."
" Why's it got to be you?"
" Oh, that's right. I forgot. You think I'll take one look at a demon and suddenly fall off the wagon, as if, after everything, I haven't learned my lesson."
" Well, have you?" I'm tired of their stupid fights! It's getting old! Sam pushed Dean back,
" If you actually think-" oh great now he's gonna leave me here with a ticked off Dean.

Someone knocked on the door, I couldn't kick a feeling, something wasn't right here. Ellen came in, Dean looked through then opened the door, Ellen came in but not Sam.
Dean said" Where's Sam?" Ellen shook her head,
The pregnant woman said" They took him? Demons took him? Oh, my god. What if they're in here, the demons?"
One man said" Could they get in?"
Dean said" No." I breathed heavily then took out the door, running fast, I closed my eyes.

War. No demons. Apocalypse.

I stopped when I saw a house, I ran for it, I pushed the door open with my powers and ran in, a woman grabbed me and pulled me back.
She said" Hazel?" I turned to her, looking at her,
I said" Where is Sam?"
" You're not a demon?"
" Where is Sammy?"

Upstairs. Tied down.

I ran upstairs and to Sam, I opened the door then closed it, pushing a chair against it. Sam looked at me,
I said" This isn't normal, right?"
Sam said" No. Any ideas? Power moves?"
" War."
" We're on the same page, the guy was just in here, there's no demons in this town at all."
" Figured that."
Then we heard gun shots, someone pushed on the door, I opened it and Dean came in.
Sam said" Dean, it's not demons. It's..."
We all said" War."
Dean said" I just can't figure out how he's doing it."
" The ring."
" The ring, that's right. He turned it right before he made everybody hallucinate and go hellbitch."
" Right." Dean cut Sam out of the chair,
" We got to move. Come on." We ran downstairs, and headed to find the War horseman.
Once we found him, Sam and Dean grabbed him, Dean held him back, and Sam pulled out the knife.
War said" That's a sweet little knife. But come on. You can't kill War, kiddos."
Dean said" Oh, we know." Then they cut off finger and he disappeared, that's not creepy at all.

We were sitting at a table,
Dean said" So, pit stop on Mount Doom?"
Sam said" Dean-"
" Sam, let's not."
" No, listen. This is important. I know you don't trust me. Just... now I realize something. I don't trust me either. From the minute I saw that blood, only thought in my head... and I tell myself it's for the right reasons, my intentions are good, and it... it feels true, you know? But I think, underneath... I just miss the feeling. I know how messed up that sounds, which means I know how messed up I am."

He's leaving again.

I stopped listening to them, and laid my head in my arms, falling asleep really fast.