Chapter 72

I woke up to Dean saying" Hazel, I'm gonna need you to wake up, we're gonna need whatever mojo you've got to figure this out." I tried to open my mouth but it seemed impossible to even move. I opened my eyes and looked at him," There we go, okay, let's put you down." He put me down and I nearly fell, he wrapped his arm around my waist and kept me up.
Sam said" But we were in the car and you were, you said she protected you. So maybe it wasn't her. Maybe it was the smoke, and anybody who was outside, like the road crew, they were exposed. I mean, you saw that. That wasn't human."
" So, what? The smoke mutated 'em? Sure, why not? Just a couple hours ago, I killed Death. I'm pretty much open for anything. But mutated into what? Alright, you know what, one thing at a time. Let's just get her some help and then we'll deal with whatever comes next." Dean put me up on his back, and Sam got the deputy in the backseat.
We walked into the hospital,
She said" I got to call this in."
Dean said" No, bad idea. More people, more bodies. We'll deal with this."
Sam said" You know what, Dean, I'm gonna take a look around. You sew her up."
" Alright. You know this place?"
Deputy said" This way."
" Okay." I was put into a seat,

Darkness. Sister. Bad. Castiel. Rowena. Crowley. Dean. Sam. Darkness. Disease. Danger. Rescue. Brothers. Winchester. Hazel. Darkness. Angels. Demons. Light. Dark. Balance. Destruction. Danger. Danger. Danger. Darkness. Amara. Darkness. Dean. Danger. Rowena. God. Castiel. Sam. Hazel. Danger. Darkness. Sister. Sister. God. Sister. Darkness. Help. Get help. Castiel. Spell. Danger. Rowena. Darkness. Darkness. Rowena. Darkness. Dean. Sister. Hazel. God. Sam. Dean. Danger. Help. Evil. Darkness. Evil. Sam. Dean. Dean. Sister. God.

Pain seared through me, but I couldn't scream, I couldn't move. I opened my eyes,
Dean said" Well, you know where I stand."
Deputy said" No, you're not... you can't be serious. And if he goes out there, they'll kill him."
" So, we just wait around for him to kill us? Oh, yeah, that's- that's a plan."
Sam said" Or we just wait for him to die. There was a- whatever you want to call it.. a rabid attacking the closet door, and he just died. These things have a shelf life."
" I can't believe what I'm hearing here."
Deputy said" No, he's right. We lock him up, We find a cure. This is a hospital."
" Yeah, well, call it a hunch, but I don't think you're gonna find this in the medical books."
The man said" I didn't open up that closet door to find a cure."
" Look, Mike, I'm sorry, but this is untenable."
" I know. That's why I thought maybe we could make a deal. I'll go find somewhere quiet and lay low until this is over. And you save my baby girl. Yeah."
" You've got yourself a deal."
" And I thank you for that. I truly do. But I wasn't talking to you. I know you. I've seen you in church since you were knee high. Please."
Deputy said" I don't even own a guinea pig."
" There you go, little girl. There you go. Thank you. Thank you all." He walked away,
Dean said" Why do I get the feeling that that is gonna bite us in the ass? You good?"
Deputy said" Oh, yeah. Aces."
" Alright, let's gear up."
Sam said" That might be tricky." I got Sam's attention, he walked over to me and tried to help me up, but I screamed in pain the second he wrapped his arms around me. He covered my mouth, and let go of me, Dean ran to me. His eyes scanned my body then lifted up my shirt to show my back," No. No, no, no." Dean looked at me, I looked at them, my eyes scanning their feelings. Something was wrong with my back, I knew it, but I didn't want to know why they were so worried. Dean's jaw clenched, then he went to the weapon's bag. Sam looked at me then gently moved the hair out of my face, what's happening. Something bad is gonna happen, I just don't know when, it's gonna have to do with the Darkness and Dean... I just don't know what.

Deputy said" What's he doing?"
Sam said" Dean..."
Dean said" We made a promise."
" To do what? Charge out there, guns blazing? We don't even know how to kill them."
" She does. Chest, right? I'm guessing heart."
Deputy said" This is madness."
" No. No, that is madness. This is horse sense."
" Save Mike's baby, but shoot Mike. Tell me where that makes sense."
Sam said" Look, we can just wait for them to die."
Dean said" And how long is that? And when they infect others, how long is that? No, we stay here, that baby dies. We did this, Sam. Okay? We broke it, we bought it. You know there's no other way. Hazel is gonna die if we don't get her healed." Sam glanced at me then Dean's phone rang," Where the hell are you, Cas?" I started loosing focus again,

Castiel. Spell. Rowena. Spell. Castiel. Danger. Castiel. Spell. Rowena. Crowley. Danger. Bad. Castiel. Danger. Bad. Spell. Rowena.

Sam said" Removing the mark opened some kind of lock. Dean saw her."
Cas said" The darkness is a woman?"
Dean said" Well, that's what we're asking you. We were hoping you could tell us what kind of defcon screwed we are. Cas?"
" Sam, Dean... goodbye. It may be some time before we see one another again."
" Wait, Cas. Cas!" Then Cas hung up,
Deputy said" FBI, my ass."

Sam said" Look, I get it. I do. We're gonna save that baby, okay? And we're gonna find Cas, and we're gonna stop the darkness."
Dean said" Okay, so what are we talking about?"
" The plan."
" We have a plan, okay? It's the same plan as it's always been. In order to get out, we go through."
" And? How's that been working for us?"
" We can't save Cas if we're stuck in some hospital, okay? Just like I can't strap on a time machine, go back, and tell Cain to shove that mark up his ass or stop you from releasing the Darkness. Now, have we made mistakes? Yes. Hell, yes. And we can analyze each and every one of them over a couple of frosties when we're old and farting sawdust and out of this room! Right now, all I can do is I can gear up, I can head out, and I can save that freaking baby, which is exactly what I'm gonna do."
" When did we forget how to do this?"
" What?"
" Dean, if we don't change, right now, all of our crap is just gonna keep repeating itself."
" Hey, I-I don't even- what?"
" This- This kill first, question later. What happened to us? Hunting things, we're good at that. Sure, we're great at that. But that's only half of the bumper sticker, man."
" Sam, I am trying to save that baby."
" And what about the others out there?"
" You mean the ones trying to kill us?"
" I mean the ones that are sick, the ones that are dying."
" Yeah, who won't rest until they've infected us all."
" So we just forget about a cure?"
" What cure? Jenna's cure?"
" There is always a cure. You just have to want to find it."
" Yeah, how are you gonna find it if you're dead? And around and around we go."
" Saving people means all of the people, Dean. Not just that baby. Not just each other. I unleashed a force on this world that could destroy it... to save you."
" And I told you not to."
" And I'd do it again. In a second, I would do it again. And that is what I'm talking about. This isn't on you. It is on us. We have to change."
" What are you thinking?"
" Get Jenna to the car. Get her and the baby somewhere safe."
" Without a shot. And what are we gonna do about those things on our trail?"
" They won't be on your tail."
" No way."
" You said it, Dean. We broke this."
" Yeah, we broke this, okay? We did."
" I heard it in your voice when you agreed to take that child. I get it. You do what you do. But you've got to let me do what I do, too." I lost focus again...

Dean. Darkness. Sam. Winchester. Hazel. God. Rowena. Castiel. Crowley. Darkness. End. Darkness. Dean. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Dean. Dean. Darkness. End. God. Castiel. Sam. Rowena. Crowley. Hazel. End. God. Sister. Darkness. Amara. Darkness. End. Sister. God. Darkness. End. Sister. God. Darkness. Darkness. Darkness. Evil. Evil. Evil.

I heard Dean talking to Sam, then lost focus...

Sam. Danger. Sam. Cure. Sam. Dean. Cure. Help. Hazel. Cure. Need. Sam. Danger. Cure. Help. Hazel. Cure. Sam. Danger. Danger. Cure. Amara. Cure. Sam. Hazel. Dean. Dean. Cure. Sam. Hazel. Danger. Cure.