Chapter Fourteen

The rest of the part surprisingly wasn’t that bad and that was probably because Ashley and I stayed out of each other’s way. Caleb and I stayed outside talking; exactly where we first met.

I wasn’t completely over Dylan yet but I was getting there. Caleb was like hope for me. He was hope that there was a guy out there, other than Dylan who won’t mind me being normal around him; who’d like me for all that I was.

Hopefully after he left I won’t return to being hopelessly in love with Dylan.

 *** 

It’s amazing how time flies when you’re having fun. It was a month later and I was standing at the airport with Caleb and his family.  I skipped the first half of the day and was hoping I’d make it back before lunch. As it turns out; they had to leave a month earlier and I had to admit, I was pretty bummed out.

“Don’t look so sad Alex.” He was saying. “I'm not, I was just thinking of how much I'm going to miss you and how I have no one to hang out with. I’ve seen Dylan like five times this month.”

He put his hand around my waist and pulled me to him. “Hey, at least you guys are going to that concert in two weeks.” He said looking down at me and I nodded.

“Yeah, I can’t wait for that.”

“Last call for flight 1459 to Australia.” The lady on the speaker said.

Caleb bent down and we shared one last kiss. “Thank you for making the last few weeks here so amazing.” I nodded.

“Now go to Australia and be awesome. Oh, and find an Australian girl and show her what a real man looks like.” He laughed. “Will do. Goodbye, Alex.” He said walking away.

 *** 

The first thing I did when I got back to school was go in the bathroom. I went into a stall and just sat there because I wanted to be by myself.

“Hey, you guys saw Scott recently?” It was Ashley. I put my foot up on the toilet seat so they won’t know I was there.

“Why do you even care Ash, you’re with that Dylan guy. Or are you still hung on Scott?” Her friend Tiffany answered.

“Don’t get me wrong Tiffany, Dylan O’Ryan is sweet and all but my heart is with Scott. He called me last night you know.”

“Isn’t that guy’s name Dylan O’Brien?”  Her friend asked and I rolled my eyes.

“Wait, did you say that Scott called you last night?”

“Yeah, he said he wanted to talk to me but I haven’t seen him for the day.”

“Do you think he wants to get back together?”

“Well, I wanted to get him jealous; hence the whole Dylan thing. But it’s been like a month. I was getting worried. But it looks that way.”

“So, are you gonna break up with Dylan?”

“Yeah.”

“But what if Scott doesn’t take you back?”

“Tiff, I don’t date nerds or losers. The only reason I went out with him was to get Scott jealous enough to want to get back together.”

“Why do you want to get back together with him though? I thought you broke up with him.”

“He broke up with me. Don’t tell anyone.”

I waited a couple of minutes after I heard the door close to get out. I needed to find Dylan and tell him what was going on. I didn’t see him anywhere and this was the kind of conversation you had face to face and not over the phone.

I saw him two days later at lunch. “Hey, I need to talk to you.” I said sitting across from him.

He looked up from his phone and smiled at me. “Hey, I heard Caleb left early. I'm sorry.” I nodded and smiled at him.

“I'm good; I just really need to talk to you. But you’ve got to promise me you won’t get mad.”

“What is it?” He asked.

“You need to dump Ashley.” His eyes popped open and he stared at me like I’d just lost my mind.

“What? Seriously Alex, not this again. I thought we’d gone past this.”

“No, I'm serious this time. I heard her talking to Tiffany two days ago in the bathroom. She was saying how she was just with you to get Scott jealous. She also said she was gonna break up with you whether or not she gets back with him.”

Dylan frowned at me and put down his phone.

“Alexis, you need to grow the fuck up. Let go of this damn thing you have against Ashley. Why can’t you just accept that I'm with her!” He was getting pissed.

“Dylan, I admit that I do hate her a little bit but I won’t make something like this up because I know how much she means to you.”

“Then let it go and leave us the hell alone!” I rolled my eyes.

“Dylan, I'm only telling you this because I care about you. Please just break up with her.”

He shook his head and stood up.

“Look, I thought I could take this but it’s becoming annoying. Do me a favour and don’t talk to me anymore. Don’t call me, don’t text me, don’t come by my fucking house! When you see me walking down there halls; pass me straight.”

“Dyl...”

“Don’t you ‘Dyl’ me. You’re dead to me Alexis Lanchester.”

He walked away and just sat there staring at his back as he made his way out the cafeteria.

Just like that, I’d lost my best friend. I went home and I cried.

I just realized we're close to the ending.. I'm gonna now space out the updates and they are gonna be shorter.

Thank you so much for reading this!! It means so much.