(0. 2)

I laid back and closed my eyes. "Riley! The door!" Mom yelled. I shot up and ran down both flights of stairs. I walked up to the door just as Christan walks in leaning on the wall.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"I don't know dumbass I haven't opened the door," I said. I turned back to the door and opened it. I smiled.

"Hey, baby." He said.

"I thought you had somewhere to be?" I asked.

"I did. Here." He said. I smiled and he pulled me into his arms.

"Taylor!"Christan yelled. I looked back at him. He was staring at us with a pissed off look. "Riley's got herself a boyfriend!" He yelled.

"Shit. I forgot Taylor hasn't met you." I said to Alek.

"Don't worry baby. He can't scare me away." He said.

"How about you keep that to yourself?" I said. He chuckled.

"Hey, I'm Taylor. Riley's big brother." He said coming down the steps. Taylor didn't look very thrilled.

"Tom. Riley's boyfriend." He said. Taylor looked at me.

"How long have you two been dating?" He asked.

"4 months until next week," Tom said.

"And what's your purpose with her?" He asked. Tom grabbed my hand.

"To put a ring on this finger and a baby in her belly. After we get our life together." He said. I was surprised he was saying any of this. Tom hated kids and said marriage is a waste of time.

"I don't like him," Taylor said. I rolled my eyes.

"You've never liked any of my boyfriends. Why start now?" I said. He crossed his arms.

"I rather let Christan date you before this fool." He said. I grabbed Tom's hand. "Where are you going?" He asked. I began to walk up the steps.

"To my room. You're not dad." I said.

"What are you going to be doing in your room?" He asked. I looked down at him.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" I said. I ran the rest of the way with Tom hot on my trail. I got in my bed.

"He'll come around baby." He said. I shook my head.

"No, he won't. He once chases my ex around the yard with my dad's pocket knife." I said. He chuckled.

"Come on let me take your mind off it?" He said.

"Go ahead and try," I said. He walked over to me and picked me up. My legs wrapped around his waist as his hands rested on my ass. My arms wrapped around his neck as he pushed me to a wall. "Well, this is a turn on." I giggled. He smiled.

"Really? I thought we were role-playing." He said sarcastically. I smiled. He brought his lips down to mine. I opened my eyes for a second after the kiss and saw someone coming up the steps.

"Put me down," I said. He did as told and he walked over to the bed while I walked over to my door as Christan's face showed up.

"Why are you bothering me? Don't you have something better to do?" I asked.

"Your mom said I'm allowed to be up here when he's here. Just trying to make sure no one gets hurt." He said. I looked back at Tom.

"It's fine baby. All we were doing is kissing." He said. I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to him.

"Can you not kiss in front of me," Christan said walking up and sat on my bed. I looked at him and bent down and kissed Tom.

"Baby I gotta talk to you about something," Tom said. I sat next to him on the bed and he looked at me. "I got accepted to Juilliard." He said. I smiled.

"That's awesome," I said.

"And in New York," Christan added. I looked at him then back at Tom.

"I was getting there," Tom said.

"Ok well, we'll make it work," I said.

"How? Baby, you'll be here and I'll be there." He said.

"Tom my brother stayed in New York for 4 years with my grandparents. I doubt they'll mind me staying every other week. We can make it work." I said. He smiled.

"I leave in 3 months." He said. I took a deep breath.

"I got this one," Christan said. I looked at him. "Riley's going to say something about having time to hang out before you leave. Then you're going to say something like yeah but I have other things to do before I go like book a job in New York. Find a place to stay so you'll be down there for one of those months. Then she'll say so we can still hang out in the two months. You say yes but really it's a no. Then she gives you the look like don't say what I think you're going to say. Then he goes I just don't think it's gonna work." Christan said. I glared at him.

"That's not what was going to happen," I said. He looked at Christan.

"Just be careful with what you say next because if she cries I'm punching the shit out of you," Christan said.

"Baby I just think we should think this through. You still have two years left of high school and going to New York every other week is going to take a toll on you and your grades. I much rather you worry about your grades." He said.

"So you are going to break up with me?" I asked.

"Not a break up just a time to get our lives together." He said. I nodded. He stood up. "Are we good?" He asked. I smiled.

"Did we just break up?" I asked. He nodded. "Didn't feel like a breakup," I said. He chuckled.

"Not at all." He said. I giggled.

"We may not be together but we are going to hang out before you leave," I said.

"Of course princess." He said. I took a deep breath. He pulled me into his arms. "I gotta get home. My sister is having friends over." He said. I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Text me," I said. He nodded.

"I'll see you later." He said. He left the room and I sighed. Christian watched me.

"Why are you looking at me?" I asked.

"I'm just seeing if I have to chase after him and kill him." He said. I shook my head and sat down.

"To be honest he felt more like a best friend than anything," I said. Christian nodded. I sat next to him on the bed. "Want to hang out for a few?" I asked. He wrapped his arm over my shoulder and I leaned on his shoulder.

"And what are we gonna do?" He asked. I leaned over him and grabbed the remote.

"I have Netflix," I said. He chuckled.

"You still a Vampire Diaries fan?" He asked. I clicked on the show.

"You can't just stop being a Vampire Diaries fan," I said. He chuckles.