(2.8)

"I don't want to talk about it Christian." I said throwing the paper down on the counter and turning to him.

"Who I said I wanted to talk about it?" He asked. I crossed my arms.

"Because I know you Christian." I said walking back into the living room.

"Riley why did you get mad when he said you used him?" He asked. I turned to him.

"Christian I said I don't want to talk about it." I said.

"Why did you get mad when he said that?" He said.

"You don't want me stressed for this baby so drop it." I said throwing my shoes on my feet.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Somewhere to think." I said. I grabbed his jacket and walked out of the house. I started to walk to the park. I lean on the fence and sigh putting my head down.

"Excuse me miss?" I heard. I looked down to be a little boy.

"Yes?" I said.

"I lost my daddy. Can you help me find him?" He asked. I kneel in front of him.

"Do you know his number?" I asked. He nodded. I took out my phone. "Plug in him number." I said handing him the phone.

"Thank you." He said putting the phone to his ear. "Hello? Dad? Yes it's Troy. Some lady let me use her phone. Over by the park." He said. I looked around to see the park empty. "My daddy said to stay put. Do you mind staying with me until he gets here?"

"Sure but lets go to the play ground. I don't really want you standing by the road." I said. He grabbed my hand and started to running towards the swings. I giggled.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"Riley. What yours?" I asked.

"Jordan." He said getting on the swing.

"OK Jordan how old are you?" I asked.

"Six."

"Why were you out here by yourself?" I asked.

"My daddy and I were walking to the ice cream place because it's hot out here. Well I saw a kitty and ran the other way. By the time I realized what I was doing I has already lost him." He said.

"What's your dad's name?" I asked.

"Mike." I heard from behind me. I stood up and turned around to see Mike Bryon. My mother's old high school friend. I knew his older son.

"Hi Mike." I said.

"Hey, Riley. Thank you for staying with him. He just kinda does his own thing." He said. I nodded.

"He's a cutie." I said. Jordan smiled.

"You're cute too." He said. I smiled and shook my head.

"Jordan you shouldn't run off like that. If I wasn't around someone very dangerous would have picked you up. You probably wouldn't have seen your dad again." I said. He squeaked and ran to Mike.

"I'm sorry daddy." He said. Mike chuckled.

"Thanks Riley." He said. I nodded.

"No problem." I said.

"How's things with your folks?" He asked.

"Good. I moved out of there." I said.

"Really? So I take it you have a man now?" He said. 

"Yeah, you're never gonna guess who." I said.

"Surprise me." He said.

"Daddy?" Jordan said. He looked down. "Can I go play? I promise not to run off." He asked. Mike nodded. The little boy ran off towards the play ground.