(1.4)

A week later

"Riley! Christian and I are leaving!" Taylor yelled up the steps.

"Ok. I'll see you there." I said. I was currently waiting for Miles to pick me up since he is my date for this ball. Taylor smiled looking at my outfit.

"If lover boy don't show up I'll have Christian use my car to come grab you." He said.

"I rather walk." I said. He smiled.

"Not looking like that and besides Christian doesn't have a date by an hour he will be begging to leave." He said.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He said. I sat on my bed after seeing them walking out of the house. I get a text.

Miles:
Hey, babe. I'm running late. I'll meet you there.

I looked up and sighed. "Walking it is." I mumbled.

"A buddy of mine let me use his car. Let me give you a ride." I heard. I looked over at the door to see Christian.

"No thanks. I'm good." I said.

"Come on Riley it's just a ride." He said.

"Fine." I said getting up.

"You look amazing by the way." he said. I looked away.

"Thanks." I mumbled. We get into the car and I sit quietly until we were up front of the house. I get out with a thank you and head up the long stairs. Lola sees me and smiles.

"Baby cakes." She squealed.

"Ok you really got to stop hanging out of with Caleb. His nicknames are rubbing off on you." I said. She rolls her eyes and hugs me.

"You look amazing. Miles just showed up with his cousin or best friend? I don't know. Whatever. You look gorgeous go and knock his clothes off. Like literally." She said. I could tell she took a few to many jello shots.

"No not literally, R. Lola here seems to keep getting another jello shots even when she was told no." Taylor said. I smiled at the way he looked down at her. She gave him a puppy dog look.

"Taytay I want to have fun. Dance maybe. Ohhhhhh maybe do something bad with our clothes off." She said. He looked at me for a second.

"No, not going to happen but I'm bringing you get sober. It's your party don't need you disappearing." He said. She stompted her feet.

I giggled as they walked away. I saw Miles in a corner standing close to a girl as they talked. He had a drink in his hand and she in hers. I took a walk in their direaction until I was standing in front of them.

"I say we- hey babe." Miles said seeing me. He wrapped his arms around me in a hug. He placed his lips to mine for a hot make out. "Mmmm I missed you." He said. I smiled. I turned to the girl he was talking to.

"You must be Riley?" She said.

"Yeah I am." I said. She looked at Miles then back at me.

"He talks about you a lot. I mean the boy doesn't know how to shut up. Almost makes me want to hit him." She said. I giggled.

"Are you Kala?" I asked. She smiled.

"Yes I am. I didn't know he talked about me." She said. I smiled.

"Are you kidding? Your like his best friend. He just doesn't shut up about you." I said. She smiles.

"That's a relief." She said. She looked at him. "I'm gonna go fine the bathroom. These friends aren't meant to stay down." She said. I watched her leave and I turned to Miles.

"I didn't know you were bringing her." I said. He smiled and tucked one of his hands in his pocket.

"Kind of a last minute decision." He said.

"A last-minute decision that made me have to get a ride from Christian?" I asked. He frowned.

"I'm a sorry princess. I'll make it up to you." He said as his phone went off.  He looks down at the caller ID. "I have to take this." He said walking away. I sighed.

"Great," I mumbled.

"Riley, dear can you grab some more ice from the kitchen?" Emily (Lola's mother) asked. I nodded and walked towards the kitchen. I turned the corner to see Miles, Christian, and Kala standing there. Christian throws a punch to Miles. I rush over to them as he picks him up and throws him into a wall.

"Christian! Seriously? What is your deal?" I asked. He clenches his jaws.

"Riley leaves it alone he's just mad your with me and not him," Miles said standing up. Christian zoomed at him punching him. I pulled him off him but there was blood.

"Miles you aren't helping," I said. Christian looked at me.

"I had a reason." He said.

"I don't care about your dumb ass reason. Stay the fuck away from me." I said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. I pulled my arm away from him just as it started sprinkling.

"I'm sorry." He said.

"Christan why are you always showing up and throwing my boyfriend around? You aren't my brother so you don't get to choose who I date." I snapped as the rain soaked the white summer dress I had on.

"I do if who your dating isn't me. I've told you before Riley you're mine." He said clenching his bloody fist. "Miles wasn't good enough for you. No one is."

"But you are?" I asked.

"No, I'm far from it. But I can't help but think about you whenever I look at another girl. You're the first thing that's on my mind when I go to sleep and the first thing I see in my head when I wake up. I'm so fucking crazy about you." He said. I let a few tears out.

"What about Taylor? What happened to you not wanting to lose him as a friend?" I asked.

"I was wrong when I denied you. It meant more to me then I thought but I couldn't see that. I already got my ass beat by Taylor when I told him. But I explained to him that I would fix it. I'm in love with you, Riley Brown and I don't want to lose this feeling for nothing." He said.

"You don't get it. You hurt me, Christan. You don't get a second chance to make it up. You don't get to spit this confession and expect me to forgive you. This isn't a sappy love story. I refuse to forgive you." I said.

"Please." He said.

"I gave you everything and you throw it away. What more could I give you?" I asked.

"Just a kiss. " He said. I cried.

"It's not that simple, Christian. I'm not gonna kiss you and it is like it use to be. I have a boyfriend who's great." I said.

"Yeah, so great he was kissing that girl." He said. I felt a tug at my heart.

"What?"

"I told you I had good reasoning. I went to get something for Lola but I ran into him kissing her. I felt so angry. I told you he's not a good guy Riley. I may have done you wrong but I never lied to you. I love you, Riley." He said. I took off my heels and turned to walk home. "Where are you going?" He asked.

"For a walk," I said.

"Let me walk with you," he said. I turned back towards him.