(2.3)

Riley's P.O.V
2 years later

I take a breath. "Riley Brown!" Mrs Johnson my principal said. I walk on the stage as everyone claps and cheers. I look ahead and grab my certificate from her. "Any words?" She asked looking at me. I nodded. "The stage is all yours." She said taking a few steps back. I turn towards the crowd and saw my parents, Taylor, and Christian smiling. I looked down at the piece of paper.

"About two years ago I started high school freaking out because I didn't have my role models with me for support. I was scared because I thought it was going to be so much more different from middle school. But if I would have known what I know now I would have laughed. Between my 4 years of high school I've lost my grandparents, I've lost friends, and ex boyfriends. But the most important part is the people who have supported me all the way. Even if two of then we're fair away in a different state. I want to thank my parents for not giving up on me. My brother for not hating me for half the stuff I have done and went through. And my boyfriend Christian for never giving up on me even in my darkest moments. And of course my two best friends Lola Bradford and Caleb Tucker. You've all been the best." I said. Everyone cheered and I got a standing ovation. I smiled walking off the stage. Lola wrapped her arms around me as Caleb comes running over to us smashing us in his hugs. I giggled.

"We're finally out of this hell hole." Caleb said. I looked back at the school.

"It will always be my best experience." I mumbled. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, right." He said. He coughed. "Hottie alert." He said. I turned to be picked up and spun around. I giggled.

"Hey princess." He said. I stared into his eyes and smiled.

"Hey." I said. He kisses my cheek.

"I have a surprise for you." He said setting me down on the ground. I was about to say something.

"Riley Brown?" I heard. I turned around to see a man dressed in a black suit.

"Yes?" I said. I knew who he was and I was trying my best not to freak out.

"I'm-."

"Charlie Mattews best book publisher." I said. He smiled.

"You know who I am?" He said. I nodded.

"How could she not? Your everything she talks about." Lola said. He chuckled.

"Well I'm glad my expertise doesn't go unnoticed." He said.

"How can I help you?" I asked.

"Your English teacher gave me a copy of your book on depression. She told me not to say anything but talent like this shouldn't go unnoticed." He said. I looked at the papers in his hands of a junior English project.

"Excuse me? Talent? It was just a school project. I really don't see what's talented about that." I said. He looked down and chuckled.

"Your modest. I like that." He said. He dug in his suit pocket and took out a little card. "Here's my number. I'm interested in a publishment contact if you're interested. Give me a call." He said. I took the card and looked down at it.

"I still don't understand." I said looking up.

"Well I want to publish your book for you but I also want you to work with me and help me publish other books just as good as yours." He said.

"Wait you're serious?" I asked. He nodded.

"I wouldn't lie about it sweetheart." He said with a wink.

"Oh I'm sorry if I gave you the wrong impression but I have a boyfriend." I said. He chuckled.

"It's not like that I swear. I'm gay." He said. I laughed.