Chapter 42.

Louis' point of view.

Chapter 42.

***************

"Niall, you're going to the doctors!" Harry bellowed at the top of the lungs as he came running downstairs, followed by a nervous-looking Niall. "No! Honestly, I'm fine!" Niall protested. He came to a complete halt when Harry stood inches away from him. The chemistry between them was unreal. "Fine?! This is not fine!" Harry yelled, snatching Nialls arm and lifting up his sleeves. I gasped and they stared at me. Oh, fucking hell, what was that?! "I'm not going-"

"Oh yes, you are." Harry cut him off. Niall gave him a desperate, pleading look. "Fine. But you're not coming with me." Niall added stubbornly. Harry opened his mouth to protest but Liam cut him in. "I'll go." Liam offered. Harry frowned, not so sure of the idea but his expression finally softened and he nodded. Niall gave him a grateful smile and they both headed out. Harry sighed and headed into the living room where I was and sat down on the comfy armchair. He looked...nice. What he was wearing was simple; his new 'Hipsta Please' t-shirt and matching black jeans and a pair of white socks.

His emerald green eyes were focused and secure on the TV screen, his body slouched slightly in the armchair. "Are you okay?" I asked softly, my eyes narrowing. His eyes drifted to mine and he held my blue ones. I tried hard not to look away. He simply nodded at me and went back to watching the TV. My heart twined a bit then...ugh. I hated this! I hated feeling so confused! Why did I have to be so messed up?! Seriously, what was wrong with me? Was this how Harry felt when I got together with Liam? Was this how much it hurt him?

Well! Karma's a bitch.

I can't do anything about it...I sighed deeply. "What can't you do about what, Lou?" Harry asked suspiciously. Oh, shit. Had I said that out loud? "That we can't help Niall..." I improvised quickly. Harry smiled weakly. "We will once we find out what's wrong with him." he assured me. I nodded and turned back to the TV.

Close call.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes. Well, this was awkward. I had nothing to say to him. Fifteen minutes later, Niall and Liam came back, thankfully. This time, Liam was holding a large prescription bag. "Niall, what's wrong?" Harry asks, suddenly up on his feet and rushing over to Niall, grasping the sides of his face. Nialls eyes widened in shock and he looked down, unsure of what to say.

"Niall has Mononucleosis. Also known as, the kissing disease." Liam explained, with raised eyebrows toward Niall. Niall simply blushed as he looked away from all of us, looking down shyly. I had the suspicion he already knew he had this, but he was too embarrassed to tell anybody about it. That's why he kept to himself most of the day. "Mono." I say aloud. Somehow, I found this amusing. "You get that from swapping saliva, don't you?" I asked and Liam nodded. Since Niall and Harry didn't bother to answer me. "Is it contagious?" Harry asked seriously and again, Liam nodded.

Harry simply looked ashamed with himself, his hands dropping to his sides. "Well, I should go so I can lock myself in my room for eight weeks solid, then." Niall said miserably and walked off to the door but Harry caught his hand. "No, you're staying here where I can keep an eye on you." Harry retorted, dragging him up to his room. "But Harry, you-"

"No buts." Harry said sternly. I couldn't help laughing slightly. It was always funny seeing those two acting like an old married couple. It was only Liam and I in the room now. I couldn't tell if he found it awkward or not being with me now. I didn't want it to be awkward. I still loved him, dearly. I just hoped he didn't think our relationship was tainted now.

"I should go up give Niall these." Liam decided finally, holding up the prescriptions. "What are they?" I ask curiously. "Blood tests." Liam answered simply as we headed up to Harrys room. "Niall has to take blood tests?" I asked, baffled. "Yeah, every day for three weeks." he replied and opened the door. Harry was sorting Niall out on his bed when we entered. Their heads snapped up and then their eyes darted to something on the wooden drawers. Something that I pretended not to see. Harry rushed over and slammed the packets in one of the drawers and headed over to Niall.

He was buried in amongst blankets, quilts and pillows and it was only his pale face and light blonde hair that was visible. "Maybe you should take one of these just now." Liam suggested, holding up the bag. Niall flinched. "But I don't want to." Niall said simply, closing his eyes. Harry peered curiously in the bag and took out one of the needles. "You have to do it, mate." Harry said softly and Niall's eyes fluttered open. He scowled at Harry. He knew he wasn't going to down without a fight. "You do it then." Niall demanded, holding out the needle to Harry.

Biting his lip, Harry took the needle and took off the lid. Niall held out his arm and waited. But still, Harry never moved. "I can't do it." Harry said finally, and darted out the room. "Harry, it's a needle!" Liam groaned and ran after Harry. Niall looked hopefully at me, making me smirk. "Looks like it's me, then." I sighed and sat at the edge of the bed. I wiped the sharp point with a tissue. "Are you ready?" I ask and he nodded quickly. I sunk the needle into his forearm. He didn't even wince. I don't think Niall minded jags much, he just didn't like getting them.

"Thanks. At least someone's not a wimp." Niall added, rolling down his sleeve and I chuckled. "I heard that!" I heard Harry call and we both laughed. "So...where does this go?" I question, holding the tiny flask of Nialls blood. "Liam'll take it." Niall replied casually. Shrugging, I handed the flask to Liam when he came in.

"Thanks, boobear." Harry breathed, taking my place on the bed. My insides went all fluttery then. He called me boobear. Again. I tried hard not to smile as I went to my room. Liam followed after me. "I should, uh...take this to the doctors." Liam smiled at me. I nodded and he took off. Leaving me feeling slightly alone. I decided to go for a little nap. Something to distract me. But the thing was, I couldn't sleep. Typical. Where was Liam when you need him?

I kept tossing and turning and it was impossible. I slipped in my earphones and the first song that came on my I-Pod on shuffle was Torn. Oh, perfect song choice. I let it play anyway. It was a relaxing song. I had just pulled my earphones out after a couple of hours when I heard the door open. I looked at my alarm clock. 11.01pm. How long had I stayed like this? Long enough. It was Harry, dressed in his pyjamas. well, it wasn't really pyjamas. Just a pair of simple grey sweats. And nothing else. Except he held that pink blanket I got him. I had the blue one.

"Niall won't let me talk to him." he mumbled sadly, standing beside the door, looking at me hopefully. I sighed and threw the covers aside, patting the empty space next to me. It was just a simple gesture. It didn't mean anything. "Thanks." he smiled, sliding into the bed. Like me, he sat up with his back against the pillow and headrest, facing the wall opposite us. I watched him as he thought. "I...I made Niall ill." he said finally, frowning slightly. Except it sounded like he was asking a question. "No, you didn't." I said quickly, tilting my head to the side. He made a 'tsk' sound. "Lou, look at how many times I've kissed him." he said sadly, not looking at me. That kept me quiet. To be honest, I didn't want to think about that.

I would never do anything to jeopardise the relationship that Harry and Niall had. After all, I was the one who got them together in the first place. What would be the point in that happening if I made a move? Besides, Harry feels nothing for me. Was I jealous of Niall? No. I simply didn't get jealous. If I thought for one minute I would be jealous of anybody who Harry was with, I wouldn't have put him together with Niall. That would just be plain stupid.

But I tried hard not to think of them. I shouldn't be thinking of Harry especially, like I had done for the past two years. Liam's right. That was the reason why I put Niall and Harry together in the first place. If Harry got over me, it'd be easier for me to get over him. And it was easier. I wouldn't have to feel guilty at all. I mean, I had come this far, hadn't I? Without Harry even knowing. I wanted it to stay that way. And Niall deserved a chance with Harry. After all, he loved Harry way more than I did. I think that Mono proved it.

Harrys deep and even snoring interrupted my thoughts. I guess Liam took the sofa tonight since Niall was completely immobile and Harry had crashed with me.

******

So...whattcha think? I know it's nearly finished but I am considering doing a trilogy since a lot of drama has just started....except that it won't be uploaded until I start the co-written fan fiction. Which I think you guys will like ;) But please, please, PLEASE give me your opinions on this chapter...and detailed comments please! Thank you so much guys, I love you all :) xxx