Chapter 2.

Harrys point of view.

Chapter 2.

************

I woke up with a start the next morning. Last nights Burger King sat a few feet a few a way on Nialls desk and I smiled to myself remembering. But then my face immediatly fell when I spotted the laptop that sat at the bottom of the bed.

I think Niall suspected something, but I wasn't so sure. "Hey, sleepy head." a voice said and my eyes snapped to Niall who stood in front of me, just pulling down a grey t-shirt. I smiled weakly at him. Man, he was fit. I mentally slapped myself for that. He was about to sit next to me when I stood up. "See ya." I mumbled and left without another word.

I headed downstairs, only to fnd Louis and Liam fooling around in the kitchen. They stopped just as they noticed my presence. I nearly scoffed. Typical. I couldn't believe they had stopped just because I was there...I mean, I was their friend. Right? What was so important that they were hiding from me? "So um...you slept with Niall last night?" Louis asked, and I couldn't deny the humour in his voice.

I froze, the orange juice carton held in midair and I spun round. "How did you know?" I asked, taking a sip ffrom the carton. He smirked. "Well, you didn't come in my room last night. You normally do. Or vise versa." He added, lost in thought. "I knew you'd be with Liam." I said simply, placing the orange juice back in the fridge. "Oh." Was all he could say. Okay, I lied. I had no clue that Louis was Liam last night, I had only guessed but I didn't want to sound like an idiot.

With that, I sauntered off back to Niall and soon as I heard the door shut, there was laughter coming from the kitchen and I froze again. "Want to stay at mine?" He questioned, grinning. I nodded, smiling weakly at him.

At half five at night, I found myself sitting on Niall's couch and watching Knight and Day with him in the dark, a bowl of popcorn on the table. I laughed at something, not really sure what, when I felt Niall's hand pressed on my jaw line, his hand reaching for the back of my hair. Startled, I turned round to face him so that his hand was now on the crook of my neck.

"Sorry." He mumbled, but his hand still lingered there and I noticed that he was moving closer to me, filling the gap between us. His fingertips trailed down my neck, my chest, so that his hand was now gripping on my low-neck white t-shirt, showing more of my chest than it really should. My eyes went to his lips which now leaned into me, his breath tickling my mouth, making it feel dry. His lips just hovered there, as if somehow hesitating. And then there was the sound of a gunshot on the TV screen.

Niall intook a sharp breath and turned to face the TV so that my own breath was now tickling his cheek. It wasn't until then that I realised his hand was still gripping my t-shirt. I placed my own hand on top of his self-cautitously and placed it down on his lap and he turned to face me once again when I stood up, fixing my suit-jacket. He gave me a puzzled look. "Umm. I think I left something back at the flat. Be right back." I explained and his eyes roamed my body suspiciously before shrugging and turning back to the TV.

As soon as I left the flat, I let out a breath that I was holding for what seemed forever. I couldn't tell you how tense that was...it was unreal. All I could say was that I thanked Tom Cruise for firing that gunshot. And again, I lied. I realised I hadn't thought this through when I reached the flat. What was I going to tell Niall when I told him I lied? Again? I slammed the front door shut, making the house rattle and I headed upstairs to my room, my whole body shaking.

When I got to my room, I glanced at the phone. It had only been fifteen minutes I had with Niall then, but it seemed like forever. Why had he done that? Why had he wanted to kiss me then all of a sudden he froze? He confused me. He wasn't like Louis. Louis was more straight-forward than Niall, and he wasn't awkward. I dialled Niall's phone number and I was about to hit the green call button, when I realised something. What was I going to say to him? Sorry for nearly kissing you? Because I wasn't sorry. I didn't even want to kiss him in the first place. Niall tried to kiss me, that much was clear.

Tears of frustration now streamed down my cheeks and I threw my phone on the wall opposite, next to the door. There was a knock on the door, falling with a clatter and splitting in half and Louis walked in. "What happened? I thought-" and he stopped, seeing the state of my face. Well, this was embarrasing, I thought smugly. He immediatly rushed over to me, cupping my face in his hands and I tried to break free from him, but he was too strong.

"What happened? Did Niall hurt you?" He asked suddenly, stroking my cheek and wiping the salty tears away from my face. My eyes widened. "What? No, I- it wasn't, ugh. I don't know!" I criled, stuttering like an idiot and I groaned, curling up in a ball on my bed. He sat beside me and took me in his arms, as if I was a baby and he cradled me. I couldn't help smiling weakly, my lips quivering as my tears ran on his t-shirt.

See, this was what I wanted. Just me and him. Not me and Niall, or him and Liam. Just the two of us. Except me not crying over nothing, obviously. My face fell when Liam came in. "Is everything all right?" And he raised his eyebrows at us just my phone rang. Bloody hell. That thing still worked? Bet you it was Niall. Three pairs of eyes were not staring at it, waiting and I froze when Liam gathered the pieces up together and held the phone to me.

"It's Niall." He told me, just as I had predicted. I looked away from the screen, shutting my eyes. "Tell him...tehll him something's came up. Tell him I have a cold." I improvised randomly. Even though I had my eyes shut, buried into Lou's chest, I could tell they were exchanging confused glanced. I heard Liam answer Niall's call. I could hear Niall at the other end. "Harry, where did you go off too?" Niall asked, his tone almost sounded laughable. "Niall, it's Liam." Liam explained. There was a pause. "Liam? What are you doing answering Harry's phone?" Niall asked, his tone not so laughable anymore.

"He...he can't pick up. Says he's got a cold." Liam explained simply. "A cold? Huh." Niall replied, and I knew he wasn't entirly convinced. I frozed. Damn it. He knew. "Well...can you tell him I'm sorry?" Niall asked sadly. another pause. "That you're sorry?" Liam questioned, his voice filled with confusion. "Yeah." Niall replied bleakly. Liam dropped it. "Yeah, sure." Liam replied and I heard Niall sigh. "Cheers, mate." Niall said and the phoneline went dead. "There you go." Liam said, and I heard him put the phone down on my desk and the door close.

I lay, buried in Louis' chest, hoping sleep would come quicker. I was way too tired.

********

Sorry I didn't upload yesterday, working all day! Also, 102 fans!! I LOVE YOU GUYS! Keep it up! Also, please comment on this. Thank you so, so, so much :D xxx