Chapter 24.

Harrys point of view.

Chapter 24.

(Previously in Narry Me)

****************************

"Niall's staring at you." Zayn informed me and I smirked, bowing my head a little, trying hard to hide my blush. "Look at him, if you don't believe me. Don't be direct though. Just be...subtle about it." Zayn said quickly. So I turned my head slowly, my eyes falling on Louis casually and then on Niall. I bit the inside of my jaw, trying hard not to smile.

There he was, sitting on a stool, playing his guitar. Well, trying to. His eyes never left me. When he saw that I was looking, his eyes went back to his guitar, his finger feebly brushing against the chords. "Told ya." smirked Zayn and I rolled my eyes. But I smiling.

(Present time)

It was just Louis in the living room when I went downstairs the next morning. I felt strangely empty. "Where's Niall?" I frowned, sitting on the armrest of the armchair. "Home. He's coming back today though." Louis explained and I nodded as he headed off into the kitchen. I nearly laughed at myself. The first thing I ask when I wake up is where Niall was. Really. I guess I really just miss him.

We had a day off today, and for once, I literally had nothing to do. I didn't know what Zayn was doing, and I knew Liam was going out with some old school mates and Louis would probably go out with Stan. I was feeling reckless. I didn't know what to do with myself. I couldn't seem to function without any of the lads.

Zayn and Niall entered sometime later after Louis disappeared. "Do you guys wanna do something today?" I asked them and Niall said "Uh, I'm knackered. I'm gonna take a little nap." Niall said and headed off to the guestroom. I sighed, my shoulders drooping. "I'm up for something." Zayn shrugged and I grinned. "How about a movie?" I asked, and he nodded.

We decided to see the new American Pie movie that was out. I munched happily on my popcorn while watching the movie.

Zayn barely said anything the whole way through. Maybe he wasn't okay with me and Niall being together. After all, he was like...the 'straight' member in our band, it must've added a lot of pressure on to him, even if he had Taylor. "Zayn?" I asked and he looked at me. "Are you okay with...Y'know, me and Niall?" I asked carefully. He sighed. "I'm fine with it, Harry. In fact, I'm thrilled for you. About time you and him came out." he whispered, nudging me playfully in the elbow. I rolled my eyes. "But I know it must be hard for you..." I trailed off when I noticed his eating pace had slowed a little. "It's not as hard as you think it is." he assured me. "Besides, I have Taylor." he added with a shy smile. I smiled weakly back and turned to face the screen.

After the movie, we headed to Costa for something to eat. It was only lunchtime, so we didn't get very much. Zayn and I were laughing when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I pulled it out, and it was Niall. "Two minutes." I said, more to myself and headed to the entrance. "Hey, Ni." I said brightly when I answered his call. "Hey, uh...how's things?" he asked quietly. I smiled. "Good. Why are you calling me?" I added curiously. It was very rare for Niall to call me just to ask me how I was.

"Dunno. Just wanted to hear the sound of your voice. That's not needy, is it?" he added quickly and I laughed. "I don't think so. I kinda wanted to hear the sound of your voice, too." I admitted and he laughed. "Oh, good." he said with a sigh of relief. "Anyway, I'd better go. Don't wanna keep Zayn waiting." I joked and he laughed again. "Right, see ya. Love you." he added, in merely a whisper. I smiled. "Love you, too." I replied and the phone went dead. I was still smiling when I went back to Zayn. "Was that Niall?" he guessed typically. I blushed a little. "How did you know?" I asked self-cautiously. "You were smiling the whole time." he said simply. My smile fell. "Oh." was all I could say. He sniggered, shaking his head in disbelief as he ate a chip.

After that, we headed home. Louis was back and Niall was sitting on the sofa in the living room. Louis was washing the dishes when I headed into the kitchen. "Hey." he greeted me as he placed a plate in the cupboard. I smiled at him, perching myself on a stool. "Harry, I think I might have an idea that will help you and Niall be together." Louis announced quietly. I rolled my eyes. "If it involves another one of your pranks in sending me and him into a cupboard, count me out." I said simply and he smirked, rolling his eyes.

"No, no. I mean like...as a couple." he explained and my eyes went to Niall who was talking now talking to Zayn. "I'm listening." I said casually, turning back to him. "Have you ever heard of...secret dating?" he suggested and I scoffed, heading to the fridge for a glass of orange juice and sat back down again. "Lou, I had been secret-dating Caroline for three months. It didn't turn out so well." I said doubtfully and he sighed impatiently. "Yeah, but, you and Niall just admitted your feelings to each other and nobodies found out about that." he pointed out. I bit my lip. He did have a point. A very valid point, at that. "I'll sleep on it, yeah?" I finally said and with a beaming smile, he went off to his room.

I looked at Niall. How could I break it too him about the secret-dating? I wonder if it had already crossed his mind. I doubt it. He would've talked to me about it by now. But it meant...being Niall's boyfriend. It sounded so alien. It didn't seem right, but it seemed perfect at the same time. And to be honest, I missed being in a relationship. I missed being able to call someone up and ask them for a date, to hold someone's hand. Then again, I had been so busy with Niall to ask any girl out. Not that I wanted to ask a girl out. Niall was better.

I headed over to Niall and sat next to him and he moved his body closer to me. Soon later, he was fast asleep with his head on my shoulder. Wow, he must be really tired. I guess he was just catching up on his sleep. Shifting my body ever so slightly, I put my hand on Niall's back and the other hand on his arm, laying him gently on the sofa and then I headed upstairs. I didn't really do much after that. I just spent my time listening to music and on Twitter.

At half ten, I finally decided to go to bed in just a pair of sweats. I was just about to close my eyes when Niall came in. I could tell it was him, even though it was quite dark. He had a blanket wrapped around his body, his arms pulling it tighter to him and his hair was all messy, sticking up at random ends. He looked so sweet. "Can't sleep?" I guessed and he nodded weakly. Sighing, I shoved the covers in towards me and he slid in bed with his blanket still wrapped round him and I lay the cover of him. He gave a soft sigh, resting his body against mine tiredly.

"Harry, I've been thinking...do you remember when we did our last video diary and we said we'd date each other?" Niall asked.

"Yeah."

"Well...look how much has changed since then." he said slowly and I breathed out. "Yeah. A lot has changed." I agreed. It was kind of ironic. Sure, that was just banter we never meant anything by that, but look at how much had changed since then. Niall and I were closer than close. Which, now brought me back to what Louis had suggested earlier. I had been thinking about it, and the more I thought about it, the more the idea appealed to me. I mean, even if we were dating in secret, at least our relationship would be going somewhere, even it would be hard.

"Niall?"

"Mhmm?"

"I have a...a suggestion. Would you ever consider secret-dating?" I asked, a little rushed. "Depends on who with." he said cheekily, looking up to me with a wink of his eye. I smirked. "Me, obviously." I said cheekily back and he sniggered, but then his smile faltered. "Harry, you can't even look at a girl without asking her for her number." he protested a little and I rolled my eyes. "If I thought for a minute that I wouldn't be able to handle myself, I wouldn't have asked you." I pointed out and he grinned again. Oh, God. He agreed. Had he? I think he had. The smile plastered on his face said it all.

He was...he was my boyfriend. I gulped. But then giving a shaky breath, I leaned over to him so that he pressed his back against the pillows, my face inches from his. "You're my boyfriend now, leprechaun." I said sexily and he giggled his arms sliding around my waist, but then he held up a finger close to my face. "Just under one condition." he said and I gave him a puzzled look. "Never call me leprechaun again." he said fiercely, but in a playful tone and I giggled, pressing my lips to his.

***********

Oh, God. This was chapter was HORRIBLE. I had writers block writing this. I feel I've let you guys down...sigh. Anyway, 15 detailed comments? Next chapter will be a lot better, I promise! Anyway, thank you so much guys, love the support :) xxx