Chapter 21.

Nialls point of view.

Chapter 21. 

****************

"What else did he say?" I asked Louis for the millionth time. Louis sighed. "I told you, Niall. He's perfectly fine." he assured me, patting me on the back. Anger boiled up inside me. "If he was fine, he would be here!" I snapped at him.

Liam looked up. "Shouting at each other isn't going to get us anywhere. We need to think thoroughly and logically about this." Liam said, trying to calm me down. I sat down, resting my elbows on the kitchen counter. "Maybe he's with Caroline?" I suggested stubbornly. Louis and Liam exchanged glances. "What?" I asked quickly. "Didn't Harry tell you? They split up before we went to Cornwall." Louis said sympathetically. I froze, anger boiling again. I ran my hands through my hair, frustratingly.

Why didn't he tell me? Did he think I'd get mad at him or something? Was he afraid I'd say 'I told you so'? Harry tells me everything. Or so I thought. But I just wish he'd have told me. I would've made a move. Maybe...maybe not. I don't know. Well, I would've done something, at least. "Look, if you were Harry Styles and you wanted to go somewhere to be alone, where would you go?" Liam asked us and Louis frowned, thinking.

To be honest, I didn't know. I mean, the last time Harry ever went alone was when Louis in hospital and then...

"I know where he is." I said suddenly and went to my car. The lads followed me in. It had been two days since I last saw Harry. Two days! Louis, Liam, Zayn and I had given Harry some time to come back from where ever he is, but he never came. After Louis called Harry, I began to get frantic. Liam saw how panicky I was so we discussed that finding Harry ourselves was our only solution. But now, now that I know where Harry was, I wasn't sure if I wanted to see him.

I know it was stupid, but I was afraid. I mean, I was going to tell him how I feel. Well, I had to, didn't I? Now that Harry was yet again single, I had to tell him quickly before he finds another girl. Even if he doesn't feel the same way- which I'm sure he doesn't- at least I tried, right? At least I wouldn't have spent the rest of my life wondering what could've happened when Harry ends up marrying another girl.

I drove up to the small bungalow in Cheshire, but my heart fell. His car wasn't there. But the door to the house was unlocked. I opened it and stepped in. I couldn't have missed him, could I? I looked around the bungalow. He wasn't here at all. I sat on the armrest of the sofa, running a trembling hand through my hair.

I really thought he was here. This was the only place I knew that he'd come to think. Tears were stinging my eyes, but I didn't care cry. Not in front of the lads. "I really thought he was-" I tried to croak, but my voice ended, I was that choked up. Louis folded his arms across his chest, leaning against the chair. But then a thought occurred to me as I looked out onto the wintry sun weather. I knew where he was now. He had to be there. He just had to be.

"How about going to the beach?" I suggested quietly. The lads exchanged glances as I brushed past them and headed to the car. "Are you mad?" Liam asked as we headed into the car. "Harry's at the beach." I explained to him and Liam just looked at me, dumbfounded. I don't care what he thought. I knew what I was doing. This was my last chance.

I drove quickly down to the beach and parked right at the entrance. I saw his car. He was here. But he was only the one here. Saying that, we were going into the dead of winter. I zipped up my zipper as we headed into the sand, my hands bawled into fists in my zipper pockets. As soon as we got down to the waters edge, I saw him. Just standing there, by himself. He had his TOMS off, laying next to him, his feet sinking into the cold sand as he threw pebbles into the ocean. God, he was beautiful. His hair was blowing in the slight windy breeze as well his 'Ramones' t-shirt, and his Chinos hung low around his waist.