Chapter 35.

Niall's point of view.

Chapter 35.

****************

So...Harry was taking me out on a date today. I guess he just felt bad after what happened to him, and that was his way of making it up. In fact, I wasn't even sure what he was doing for this date. I wasn't even sure if he was taking me out at all. He never seemed to talk much about it. Every time I'd ask him, he'd just say 'It's a surprise'.

I was currently standing in my room, facing my wardrobe mirror. I hadn't really dressed up much since I didn't know what we were doing, but I at least tried to look decent. I wore a pale blue Ralph Lauren polo shirt and white chinos, with matching white shoes. It wasn't much, but it'd do. It was my hair that was doing my head in. It won't sit right at all! Well, it never sits right. I don't know how Harry does it. In the end, I just swept it over to the side and left it like that.

I drove to Harrys flat, feeling strangely calm. It was weird, I should be nervous. But I wasn't. I guess because I had been on a few more dates with Harry before, I was able to stay composed. I took the key out the ignition and headed into the flat. My breath hitched. There, next to the kitchen, was a small round table, a white cloth thrown over it. A candle sat in the middle of the table and two chairs sat at opposite ends. It may have been sloppy and girlish, but it wasn't. It was romantic, almost passionate. Saying that, Harry was very romantic. There was even spotless white plates sat at each ends, with cutlury and glasses sitting next to them.

"Hey, babe." Harry announced from the cooker. My breath hitched again. He called me 'babe'. He was standing hovering over the cooker, his favourite pink aporn that Louis gave him wrapped around his body. He was pouring sauce into a pot. "Right on time. Dinner's nearly ready. You can sit down if you want." Harry added with a smirk, noticing that I was as still as a statue, my mouth gaped open. My throat was suddenly dry, lost of words. I didn't trust my voice anyway. If I said anything, I'd sound like a loon.

Sheepishly, I shuffled over and sat down. I began to rub my palms against my chinos, feeling very anxious. And the nervousness had kicked in. I mean, who knows where this date would lead. "Niall, how spicy do you want your chicken?" Harry asked casually from the kitchen. I nearly choked on my own saliva at his words. He was making my own Nandos?! He was amazing! But giving the fact that we already had a date at Nandos ourselves, it was reasonable to make it homemade. I mean, who knows who would see us snogging at Nandos...I mentally slapped myself at the thought.

"Really spicy." I replied quickly. I heard him chuckle. "Are you sure about that? I might want to snog you nearly." He replied, making me blush furiously. I bit my lip. "Okay, maybe not to spicy then..." I replied hesitantly and I heard him laugh again. "Okay. Lime and Mango, then?" I heard him ask in that low voice of his. "Yeah." I said and I heard him shuffle about in the kitchen. He was making me curious and antsy. Have you ever watched a film that's so interesting that you're literally sitting on the edge of your seat? I felt like that.

Finally sliding off my seat, I headed into the kitchen to greet Harry. "No, go away!" He said as soon as he saw me. I chuckled lightly. "You're making me impatient." I whined, resting my head against his shoulder. He chortled. "It'll be ready soon. I promise." He said softly. Stirring the sweet smelling chicken that boiled in the pot. I kissed his cheek lightly. "Please, let me try some?" I asked hopefully, sounding almost childlike. He rolled his eyes at my immaturity. "No. It has to be a surprise." He demanded firmly. I sighed deeply. "Just a taste..." I said teasingly, nuzzling my face in the crook of my neck. I knew he liked it when I did that. I felt him shudder beneath my touch. "You're a menace. Seriously, you are." Harry sighed, but he chuckled, making me laugh. He held the wooden spoon up to my lips, his palm underneath the spoon in case any of the liquid spilled. I put my lips over the spoon, tasting the sweet, spicy sauce. I let the hot liquid run down my throat.