Chapter 12.

Nialls point of view.

Chapter 12.

***********

Okay, I made the biggest fool of myself in front of Harry yesterday. When we were arguing during rehearsal. I tried to tell him...about my feelings when I mentioned More Than This to him, hoping he'd get the idea. But instead, he thought I was fighting with him so I had to cover up my mistake and turn it into a fight anyway, even though it hurt just a little a bit. Liam knew. Liam knew what I was trying to do. He couldn't sit at piece and I knew he wanted to help me, to support me. But somehow, I felt like this was something I had to do myself.

I just didn't want to fight with Harry anymore. I didn't want to have to tell him to dump Caroline but he kept pestering me last night and he was my best friend so I kind of had to tell him. Even if it hurt. Ugh. I might as well get him a huge bag of Loveheart sweets that has 'Love You' or 'Call Me' or whatever written all over the hearts. But I wasn't that desperate.

I just wish I shouldn't be able to hide my feelings from Harry, I wish I could just be direct. But Louis was in the way, and now Caroline. Although I was pretty sure he didn't feel anything for her. I blew out my cheeks as I rested my head against the back of my seat.

I decided to spend my free time at my parents house before rehearsal. It was only mum around, but I was okay with that. It was nice and quiet. "Niall, are you okay?" She asked, bringing me out of my trance. "Yeah, fine. Why?" I added curiously. She shrugged. "You've zoned out for the past fifteen minutes." She replied with a warm smile. "Oh." Was all I could say with a frown.

There was loud screaming to be heard from outside and my mum went to investigate by pulling the curtains open slightly. "It's your fans, Niall. Wow, the crowd seem to get larger by the day." She informed me with a sigh. "I can call Simon to send them away..." I offered, taking out my phone. "Oh, no, no. It's okay. I like that you have such huge admirers." She protested softly. I smiled at her.

"I still need to get them away. I need to go to Harry's flat. Got another rehearsal." I added when she gave me a questioned look. She nodded and I headed out, while I called for a few security guards. Five minutes later, a couple of guards emerged outside my house and guided the screaming fans away for me to drive out and turn the corner.

I arrived at Harrys flat minutes later. The door was open so I walked in freely, only to find Louis and Harry playing table tennis. "Yes!" Harry cried with delight as the ball skipped over Lou's side. He turned round and saw me. "Oh. Hey, Ni. Just playing table tennis." Harry said cheerily, turning back to Lou as he spun his bat round in his hand. "I can see that." I smirked as Lou got the ball.

Harry yelled with delight again just as the ball skidded over Lou's side again. "Oy! That's not fair. Niall's a big distraction." Louis complained, glaring at me. "He is a big distraction." Harry agreed before he could stop himself. Both our heads turned to face him as Harry's eyes widened. "I mean, uh- never mind." he stuttered and went silent. Shrugging, I turned to look at the table.

"Stan let us borrow his." Lou explained with a shrug when he saw me looking puzzled at the table. I nodded and headed over to sit next to Liam on the sofa. "Wait, what happened to rehearsal?" I asked Liam automatically. "Oh. Change of plan. Somebody already booked the room for six o'clock so Simon gave us the day off." Liam explained and I shrugged.

"Anyway. Lets call it a game, yeah?" I heard Harry ask softly and Louis agreed. Harry darted off upstairs and I heard his bedroom door close minutes later and Louis sat on the comfy armchair next to me and Liam.

Louis perched his feet on top of the table and said "So uh, did you have a nice time with Harry yesterday?" and I gave him a sour look. "Yeah, thanks for that by the way. I couldn't talk to him for about half the time I was with him." I added with a quiet mumble, folding my arms across my chest with a huff.