Chapter 3.

Niall's point of view.

Chapter 3.

************

The next morning after a surprisingly lonely sleep, I headed to Louis and Harrys flat where I expected he'd be. I didn't buy that lie Liam told me last night. Not at all. A cold? He was perfectly fine when he was with me...until I tried to kiss him that was.

Ugh, I was such an idiot thinking he'd even want to kiss me in the first place. Of course he wouldn't kiss me, he liked Louis. At least, I thought he did. He always acted differently around Louis. Zayn and I had noticed, and we had discussed it. It was weird how Louis was completly oblivous to this, but then again, he was too cooped up in his love life with Liam to notice things like that.

I knocked on Harrys door but I got no answer. Frowning, I stepped inside and on the bed, I saw Harry asleep, curled up next to Louis who had his arm around his shoulders. I felt a pang of jealousy toward him, not knowing where that was coming from. They just looked...they just looked so peaceful. I watched the way Harrys chest rose and fell evenly as he lay across Louis.

I didn't want to disturb him, but I needed to talk to him. My thoughts were interuppted by Louis who yawned, stretching his arms. "What time is it?" he asked sleepily, but quietly so not to wake Harry. I looked at Harrys alarm-clock. "Half ten." I replied. Louis groaned. "Fuck. Liam's gonna kill me." he mumbled. I rolled my eyes.

"Did you...were you comforting him last night?" I asked suspiciously, tryig hard not to hide the jealousy in my voice. He nodded lazily, tangling his hands in Harrys curles. "Why did you do it? I mean, you don't have fdfeelings for him." I blurted before I could stop myself. He shrugged and said "He's still my best friend. He means a lot to me and I'd do the same if it was you." He replied and I nodded. Louis started to shift his body around, so that Harry was now lying on his arm, but Harry was still gripping onto Louis stomach. "No." Harry groaned and Louis sighed. I chuckled as Louis tried to move Harrys waist again.

"No. Don't leave." he protested, almost angrily and I tried to hold in my laughter, but it was no use. Harrys eyes opened and landed on mine, suddenly making me feel as awkward as he did last night. He was such a kid sometimes though, it was hard not to laugh at him. His expression was blank on me, no light showing in his eyes at all, but his eyes widened when Louis got off the bed and left the room.

"Harry, we need to talk." I told him as he got up, rubbing his eyes sleepily and searching for a clean t-shirt. "What about?" he asked as he whipped his own t-shirt off. "Last night." I replied and he froze, but then turned to face me as he held his t-shirt. "Liam told me you were sorry. It's okay." he said and slipped on the clean t-shirt. I nodded.

"I still shouldn't have done it though. I mean..we're friends." I said lamely. He chuckled lightly, and sat down on the bed and I joined him. "Yep. Friends and nothing more." he sighed, shaking his mass of curly hair. I gulped. Even though I knew these words shouldn't bother me, even though I knew we were still best mates, I still didn't like these words and I didn't know why.

I felt a nudge on my elbow and turned to face Harry with a confused expression on my face. He started to nudge me again with his own elbow, and I nudged back. We continued this for another five minutes and I yelled "NUDGE WAR!" and flung myself on him, pinching his sides and he yelled. "No! That's not nudge war!" he protested as I continued to his waist, my nose buried in the crook of his neck as I lay on top of him. Hmmmm. He smelt nice, I thought and mentally slapped myself.

"BELLYFLOP!" A familuar voice cried, and next thing I knew, Zayn had bellyflopped on top of his, making us groan. Trust Zayn to make everything more uncomfortable than it already was. I smirked as Zayn got up, leaving me still on top of Harry and I supported my elbows at the side of his as his arms were folded across his stomach and I stared into his eyes, and he stared back.

Wow, his eyes were amazingly green. The purest green you could possibly get. "You have nice eyes." he said randomly, smiling that crooked, lovely smiled he always gave me. My cheeks felt like they were burning. Why? I didn't know. My eyes? He liked my eyes? Wait, what about his eyes? Should I say something about his? Somebody cleared their throat next to us. "Uh, guys? Hello?"Zayn said. I gulped and Harry smirked, pushing me up lightly on my stomach. I chuckled lightly and headed downstairs to the livingroom, shortly followed by Harry.

Liam and Louis came downstairs when Harry and I sat on the sofa, both of our knees brought up to our chest. Louis was laughing at something Liam had said then he pulled him in for a snog and I felt Harry go all tense beside me. I looked at him through narrowed eyes, studying him carefully but his face was turned to face the window opposite, looking out on the balcony as if he couldn't bare to see Liam and Louis together.

To comfort him, I took his hand in my own, locking my fingers in his and settled them down between our bodies so that Liam and Louis wouldn't ask questions. Puzzled, Harrys face looked round to our entwined hands, staring at them as if he'd never seen such a thing as hand-holding before. I grinned at him and he gave mer a wary look, pulled his hand away from mine, folding his arms across his chest and continued to stare out the window.

What the hell? I was only trying to help. I stared at the side of his face and gave an exasparated sigh and shook my head in disbelief. Here we go again.

*********

So, I'm back to school after the Easter holidays and that means uploads might not be as frequent. I know. Sad face :( But, in the mean time, please tell me what you think of this chappie. Thank you so much :D xxx