Chapter 2

RainbowDash's POV~

Applejack had soon fallen asleep on the grassy fields of sweet apple acres, as the setting sun reached a peak were it shone orange into the sky. Her delicate breaths were carried through the soft wind that blew.

I smiled respectfully. When I noticed her hat sitting uncomfortably on her head, I leant over and moved it with my mussel. Her hair smelt sweet. She shuffled and I immediately moved my head from hers, just in case she woke.

Suddenly a noise from the bushes caught my attention. I looked around, still with my hindquarters on the ground.

The sun was set now, causing colder air to circle around us. Applejack started shivering, I knew how much she hated the cold.

As if on autopilot, I wrapped my soft blue wing around her, in hope of warmth.

The rustling noise started again.

"Anyone there?" I whisper shouted, not wanting to disturb AJ.

Out from the bush, emerged Fluttershy. As soon as she saw me, she showed a look of concern and confusion.

"Oh gez, Fluttershy! Its just you." I let out a sigh of relief.

"Well, um, who wouldn't you want it to be?" She hid behind her mane.

"Someone like Twilight or rarity or maybe even pinkie pie..."

"Why?" She asked quietly.

I observed the situation with me and applejack. I took my wing off her and she got a blast of cold air. I felt bad for doing that to her. Her eyes fluttered open immediately. She sleepily turned her head up to me and I wobbled back.

"Good mornin'," She looked at the sky. "Or good night?"

She turned to me angrily. "Rainbow! Why didn' yah wake meh up!?"

I started flying relaxing my hooves behind my head. "Don't stress AppleJack! You just had a little nap, that's all."

"A little nap?! Do you know how much work needs to be done?" She shouted.

"Girls..."

"Damn, I was hoping the nap would make your attitude better." I smirked, ignoring her question.

"Girls."

AppleJack stomped her hoof in frustration. "Oh yeah well maybe if someone would help me, I wouldn't be so tierd all the time!"

"Girls!"

I flew down to make face to face contact with her, our mussels just touching.

"Excuse me! If you didn't try and be a bigshot and do everything yourself , I would ask!"

"Reminds meh of someone!"

"GIRLS!" Fluttershy pulled us apart. "Look at you, carrying on like this! You should be ashamed."

Fluttershy had never been the one to serve gilt before.

"Applejack! How could you be so rude to rainbowdash! She was just trying to be a good friend! Especially since she kept you warm with her wing and made you as comfy as can be..."

Applejack blushed with embarrassment. While I scratched head in denile.

"No! No I wasn't!" I lied.

Fluttershy nodded her head argumentively. "Uh huh! I saw!"

"What in tarnation were ya doin' in that bush anyway?"

She shyed out. "I was helping a ladybug find its family! Oh my gosh! There were so many! And then I heard raimbow Dash's voice. Whispering stuff like-"

I covered her mouth with my hoof and death stared her.

"Its true!" I dramaticly fell to the ground pouting fake tears. "I was talking about how the womderbolts were more awesome then I!"

"Well okay, buh I really gotta be hitting the hay, it is nighttime after all!" She yawned. "Night everypony."

Both me and fluttershy waved before we took off flying. We flew scilently until we came to her cottage and she perked up.

"Why did you lie to applejack?"

"I didn't lie!" I protested. "I make it up, totally different thing!"

She shrugged and whispered goodnight before shutting the door.