🌟. 500.Years.7. 🌟

♦️♣️♠️♥️

"You are unbelievable." Rin whispered as a faint blush appeared on her cheeks. "You shouldn't be so showy. Nii-sama wouldn't like this at all. I'd be in trouble."

Hao merely laughed lightly at her. "There is no need to worry too much, my love. I am more stronger now. I will make sure to survive this lifetime. I will rid this world of the humans and create a place where you would be safe. "

Rin frowned deeply and pulled away from his hug. She smiled weakly at him as Hao looked at her with confused eyes.

"Violence isn't always the answer to everything. In this lifetime, I have a brother and a loving family. Some of the people I met were humans. They have been nothing but nice and pleasant to me. I couldn't bare to see them disappear, Hao. Time has change. It won't be the same again." She stared at him with pleading eyes.

Hao's expression had darkened as his bangs shadowed his face.

"Ai. What happened to you? You're not the same anymore. It must be because of that man, huh? He's changed you. " Hao concluded as Rin stared at him in shock. "You used to support my ideals. "

"No! N-Nii-sama didn't do anything! This is my own decision! I have already decided that I won't support your plans anymore! You can't.. You can't force me to follow with your beliefs, Hao. I'm no longer your ignorant bird. I've decided to leave your cage." She argued back with a hurt look, backing away as she dropped words one after the other.

Hao frowned at her retreat. "Ai... I'm.."

"No.. Hao, I know what you're going to say. But no matter what you do, you won't be able to convince me. I'm sorry. "

He shook his head. "That's not... Ai.." He walked towards her and cupped both of her cheeks. "I won't force you to do anything against your wishes. I only asked for you to stay by my side."

Rin looked down with a saddened expression. "I... I've made a promise to my brother. " Tears began pooling in her eyes as Hao's hopeful smile fell.

" Don't you love me anymore? " Her eyes widened.

"Of course I do! I love you, Hao. More than I could ever show you but we all have our own views in life. Please respect my wishes."

"Ai.. " He whispered, realization dawning on him.

"Forgive me. " She took his hands away.

"Are you leaving me? " There was a hint of anger in his voice.

"No. " She shook her head and gave a saddened smile. "But.. I don't think O can be with you, Hao. " She stated, Hao's hands clenched beside him.

The declaration alone was too much. His chest hurt deeply as he understood the full meaning of her sentence.

"You.. You won't be with me..? " He asked in a soft voice as his expression darkened every second.

"Hao. I'm sorry. I..-" She screamed when he grabbed both of her shoulders.

"Why? " He asked, hurt clearly shown on his features. Rin almost felt guilty at the look he was giving her. It felt like she betrayed Hao but she had already made a promise.

It was too late to back down now. Besides, ever since she was reborn in this lifetime, she promised herself that she would not stand by and watch as Hao makes a fool of himself.

He was a broken man and she wanted to fix him.

Yes. Rin still loved that broken man from 500 years ago and she would not want to see the same fate befall on him. She would stop him and if it meant a few sacrifices then she would bear it.