🌟. 500. Years. 6 🌟

♦️♣️♠️♥️

"Pardon? " I politely asked with my lips pressed in a thin line, my hands gripping the sode of my kimono in a tight grip. It went unnoticed since my hands were covered by the long sode.

"You are the woman from last night, correct? " The man was smiling politely but I felt awkward and uneasy around him.

"Yes. You are from before. Did you talked with my brother..?" I inquired, albeit unsure, I managed to smile back.

"Yes, Madame. But I do believe we should stop this little act. " His smile widened as I felt myself getting wary of him.

"Ai." He called in a soft whisper, audible enough for me to hear. I swallowed a lump on my throat.

"Hao. " I acknowledged, raising my shaking hands towards him. We locked gazes and stared at each other for like an eternity.

He held my hand with his as I cried out, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Shh.. Do not cry. I am here now. I fulfilled my promise to you, Ai. " He said, kissing the top of my head as I weeped in his arms.

"H-Hao.. H-Hao.. " I chanted his name repeatedly as an act of comfort, a pathetic attempt to ease my distraught. I knew that I shouldn't be doing this yet I have fallen for him just like 500 years ago.

"I.. I t-thought I would n-never see you....again.. Oh Hao! "

How could I feel indifferent towards this man? Never. It was foolish of me but despite the tragedy that befell our life before, he still the man I love with all my heart.

"I'm here now. Sshh.. I won't leave you anymore, my love. " He embraced me as I melted in his arms, relishing in his warmth and heat. I could never lie to myself.

I miss him. And until now, I am still inlove with this broken man.

What would my brother say?

*

I walked alone, surveying the surrounding as I tried to familiarize myself with the area. I have a bad sense of direction but Soul was always there to guide me if ever I was lost.

"Do you want to go back now? " I resisted to groan for it was his subtle way of saying that he was there if I needed any help on finding my way.

However, I refuse to give up right now.

"I can do this, Soul.. I'm not familiar with Paris but this place is lovely. I'm sure that there are a lot of nice people here who could provide us with direction. " He scoffed.

"Ai-sama, is that your way of saying that you'd rather ask for other people's help than mine? "

I looked at the ball of black mass with an apologetic look. "Sorry. But I can do this. I need to stick up for myself. For once. I can't always rely on you for help. Just this one time, I need to figure this out with my own abilities. "

"Ai-sama.. " He said lowly but I merely waved him off as he went back to the mortuary tablet.

"Thank you, Soul. " I looked to my right and left, tapping my chin to decide whether I should pick the left route or the right route.