🌟 .500.Years.9 🌟

♦️♣️♥️♠️

Ai was different. Different from most children.

Her mother and father could easily see that. It was alarming how a two year old can speak so fluently without stumbling over their words.

Other than that, it was unusual for someone so young to act and speak like an adult. While most kids her age were playing outdoors, Ai was casually sitting on the couch while reading a book, not paying the others any mind.

She would read complicated books written in ancient languages, sometimes reading complex ones that even an adult finds hard to understand.

Another things that was odd, Ai wasn't childish and immature like most children. The usual ignorance and innocence that should have been present in a child weren't there. Though there are times that she would show her immaturity, her parents think that she was only doing it to make them comfortable.

They knew that she was special. Sometimes, Ai would purposely stutter or make mistakes, even asking to them for questions and trying to act dumb but they knew better.

Ai was a genius and a prodigy.

Their family was known for being observant in nature, they are close to the elements and the spirits. One of the reasons why a lot of omnyoujis came from their line of the family.

Ai's mother could feel it. She could also see that Ai was blessed and gifted. She had consulted her findings to her husband. The both of them made a decision that they would treat her normally despite the oddness.

Ai was their child and they have to accept the fact that she's not your average kid.

At the tender age of three, Ai had began to ask them to teach her how to connect with the elements and the spirits.

This alerted the couple but since it can't be helped, Ai was too intelligent for their excuses so they eventually started teaching her the ways of the omnyouji.

Even more surprising, Ai was a fast learner. She had learn techniques one after the other as if she's been doing it for decades. Their family techniques requires tons of practice and a strong mentality to prevent being swayed by demons.

Truly, Ai was full of surprises. Ai had summoned a really strong shikigami by accident during their training. It was rather big and huge. Not only was it bulky in size, it was also powerful.

They were surprised beyond belief. How could a three year old child do it? Was Ai really that special?

Two more years passed and Ai had become really powerful for her age. Both her parents were very contented and proud of her because despite the power she possess, Ai harvested nothing but goodwill.

She was a kind child. A sweet and caring one as shown on how she treats her newly born younger brother, Yuto.

The five year old with fiery red hair and purple eyes was widely known in the main family. A lot of shaman and omnyoujis from the main branch envied her. That's why a lot of assassination and kidnapping attempts were made.

But Ai had shown them their rightful place without even lifting a finger. Her furyoku had improved and increased by leaps and bounds that the head of the family had deemed her worthy of being the next successor in line despite being female.