🌟 .500.Years.1 🌟

♠️♥️♣️♦️

Life doesn't give you a lot of options. Not even when you're burning in hell, listening to the pained cries of various souls. It wasn't a pleasant experience and even after contemplating everything for a long time, Ai would do anything to leave this place.

Still, was it really the right thing to do? She hasn't killed anyone ...yet. She couldn't remember anything that she did in the past that made her an inhabitant of Hell, literally..

The memories are blurry but she could faintly make out some memories of her with a man.

Based on her own understanding, the brunette was a friend or a sibling. The way they interacted with each other was friendly and non-romantic.

They would smile at each other gently and speak words of reassurance, sometimes soothing the other with nice and soft words. The brunette and her from the fragments of her broken memories showed how much they trust each other just by the meaningful looks they would give.

It was rather odd. She could make out what they're doing but their faces were blurry and almost shadowed.

It was as if something was preventing her from finding out who that brunette was.

She felt a painful ache in her chest whenever she would try to picture his face.

She felt lonely and sad all of a sudden. She couldn't point out why she was feeling such emotions now that she's dead.

Being a spirit was a bizzarre feeling. You can't seem to have a full grasp of everything--physically, emotionally and mentally.

Everything was dysfunctional..

The feeling of being dead was no news to her--she found out in a weird way--because the inhabitants looked at her as if she had been there before.

It was an interesting thing to know. What did she do that caused her to be sent to hell? Kill? No. Her blurred memories showed that she was an innocent and sweet woman who took care of the brunette---whoever that person is.

She could describe it as being angelic. Ironically, she could not fully accept or picture as someone who is really that innocent. She knew of murder, of lies and deceit. Despite the blank space in her mind where her memories should be, she knows deep inside her very core that she was no stranger to death or cruelty. Human nature is really unpredictable afterall.

You never know what would happen as long as humans exist to taint the planet.

Dark as it may sound, it was true.

But it still doesn't answer the question. Why was she here?

Who could possibly answer this one question that was wrecking havoc in her already fragile mind?

As if on cue, someone appeared, towering over her with unspoken authority and power.

Ai wasn't one to believe in illusions because she damn well know that the person infront of her was real. Still, why wasn't she afraid? Why isn't she scared at all? She's infront of the Lord of Hell yet she wasn't shaking from fear.

This made her even more curious. Who was she when she was alive? What molded her into the person she is right now? Unyielding and nonchalant? Or was it simply because she was too empty to actually feel anything? That seemed more likely yo be the case...

Now, her first question was suddenly thrown out of the window. She could care less about the reason why she was in Hell. Now, she really wants to know about her life when she was still in the land of the living. To find out about the beginning, this will surely fill the void inside her and maybe then... she would know who this brunette was..

Fickle thing.

"Ah. Second time in a row. I suppose I don't need to ask anymore. "

Ai frowned. She was confused at the statement. So she was right. She was here before and the King of Hell doesn't seem very fond of her presence.

She tilted her head to look at his massive form.

"Please elaborate. " She pleaded in a gentle voice. The King of Hell huffed out, raising one hand as a small mirror appeared out of nowhere.

Wordlessly, he allowed to let the damn thing fall towards Ai. She wasn't very happy when it almost hit her on the head.

"That wasn't very nice. " She said, giving the ruler an unimpressed look.

"Tell that to yourself, little girl. "

For some reason, she felt slightly irritated at the nickname. She decided that speaking with the ruler would only cause her mouth to run wild so she skipped and walked to pick the mirror.

It was an oval mirror with ancient patterns and a star carving on the back. As if the insignia was calling to her, her fingers automatically touched it.

In that split second that she made contact with the mark, all of her memories came pouring one by one.

Screaming, the mirror fell and she fell backwards, dropping to her knees. Her body was shaking uncontrollably from the onslaught of vision and sounds.

[ "So predictable, woman. " ]

Her heart pounded wildly on her chest and for a moment, she looked up at the ruler of Hell, silently conveying her confusion. He was frowning and watching her with an expectant gaze

"Well? "

She felt a lump on her throat and very shakily, she stood up and dusted herself from the ground.

With a determined gaze and a newfound courage, she spoke.

"I wish to leave. "

The Lord of Hell cackled in amusement, his form bursting into flames as it enveloped her. The fire felt so damn hot on her skin. It was the feeling of being burned alive as you scream and struggle to get out.

Ai wasn't like that. She was calm despite how the fire was searing her skin and flesh. She closed her eyes and readily accepted reality.

Fire made her alive and fire killed her so this was nothing new.

In one split second, the pain was gone and it was over as if nothing horrific happened.

When she woke up, the smile of a woman greeted her. The woman was crying with tears of joy as she held Ai gently to her chest. A man came and just like the woman, he burst into tears filled with happiness.

They were so huge and big compared to her and of course, with all the things that her infant eyes could acquire, she concluded one thing.

This is rebirth.