🌟 .500.Years.2🌟

♦️♣️♥️♠️

"Living with no reason is the same as being dead. You." She pointed a finger at him.

"What is your reason to live? "

Hao was taken aback by the question. He blinked his eyes, purple hues looking straight at him with a serious look. He suddenly felt pressured by her gaze, the feeling of nervousness rushing to him.

He looked over to his mother for help but the woman only encouraged him with a smile. The kind gesture was comforting but it didn't really gave him an answer to the girl's question.

The gears on his brain started working but no matter what he thought of, he could not formulate the necessary response. With a faint blush, he felt utterly embarassed for not replying sooner.

Hao looked hesitant as he looked down, hands clutching the robes of her mother.

"I... I don't know.. "

"..yet. " The girl added softly. Her gaze softened at his trembling form so she stuck her hand out whilst smiling gently.

As if he knew what she was trying to make him do, Hao had already accepted the handshake with a cheerful and kind smile.

"My name is Ai. " She smiled once more, a smile that made his heart skipped a beat. "Ai of the Great Spirit. "

Hao was still a sweet child full of innocence when he met her. Ai was his first friend, his only friend until he met Ohachiyo.

"Asakura Hao. You will eat all of your vegetables this instant!"

In three years time, Hao had forged a friendship between the two of them. Ai was kind, gentle even. Just like his mother. Her name was more than fitting for her. She was just full of love.

He couldn't count how many times Ai had showered him with love and affection. Even after the humans slaughtered his mother, the redhead was there for him, never leaving his side.

"I'll stay. I won't make you sad. I promise."

She comforted him, took care of him and helped him go by through thick and thin. He was thankful.

"Hao. Don't be so sad. "

To him, Ai was simply magnificent and wonderful. He was happy with her and he couldn't seem to imagine a life without her.

"Smile. You look good smiling. "

She offered him kindness when no one did. He was contented.

"There are a lot of wonderful things in the world. To me, you are one of them."

She made him smile when people looked down on him. He was satisfied.

"You are the best thing that ever happened to me. Thank you, Hao. "

She would hug him whenever he was lonely and she would wipe away the tears, soothing him with her soft voice.

"It's okay. I'm here. "

Ai was everything to him. Everything he could ever ask for.